greetings all.
    new Curve user here. excellent site and lots of info.
    as usual i always perform a search for past threads before posting new topic, but i could find a related thread so here goes.
    i'm receiving these network notification msgs ever since I got my Curve this past Saturday, which i cannot seem to figure out where they're coming from, as follows:

Network Notification
    CB TEST ID=71 GS=0
    ENGLISH PAGE= 1 PNO=1--
    CB TEST ID=71 GS=0
    ENGLISH PAGE= 1 PNO=1--
    PAGE1PNO=2

with a prompt for "OK"

then a second page as follows:

cb test @$ .....(whole series of alphanumeric text and symbols)

with a prompt for "OK" as well,

...this notification has been appearing everyday at the same time around 5:20PM EST.

can anyone offer what this maybe? some sort of network test? if so, how can i stop receiving it?

i am on the Rogers network and based in Toronto, ON>

CHEERS ALL!
    09-05-08 05:23 PM
    i'm also having this problem.
    called into rogers and they reset my network but the problem is still there.
    can anybody help?
    01-01-09 07:40 PM
    Never seen this before try doing a battery pull and then resend service books?
    01-01-09 07:41 PM
    Did any of you have any kind of SMS or Premium SMS set up on your old phones? If so these maybe the messages that are trying to come to the new phone that might not be compatible. Maybe even an old subscription to something from your old phone.
    01-01-09 07:45 PM
    this problem is re-occurring and only happens in the 401/Hurontario area. i receive the the exact same msg everytime i drive past there. i've updated to the newest OS, problem still exists.
    01-01-09 07:50 PM
    Is your device on BES server?
    01-01-09 07:53 PM
    i'm not on an enterprise server. only pushing my gmail to the unit. any ideas?
    01-01-09 08:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD