Well, the usb port died on the wifes curve, she has had it since May. Has anyone else had this issue? New phone is on the way via warranty, but wow, she babies the heck outta hers, I beat mine to death I havent had a single problem with mine.
    08-07-08 04:03 PM
    That Sucks! No, I haven't heard of that happening much.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-08 04:06 PM
    No, haven't had a problem with the USB port. Had mine since May also. Sorry to hear that.
    08-07-08 04:10 PM
    That happened to me, I had it replaced through warranty.

08-07-08 04:25 PM
    I have yet to hear of this being a common problem. But I suppose every once in a while it just happens randomly

08-07-08 04:31 PM
    It happen often enough that BlackBerry service company offer USB repair for a fixed rate.

They are designed to be sturdy, but they are mounted to the logic board through a right angle connection. That magnifies any strains through the connector, a likely spot for a contact failure.
    08-07-08 04:55 PM
    Thanks Stoner, I was thinking that. She did drop it about 2 weeks ago, but its been working great up until Monday when she plugged it in to do a backup. One of her co workers knocked it off her desk with the cord plugged in, thats probably what did it. Thanks to all for the replies, glad not too many others are having this problem, its ANNOYING!
    Oh well, the new phone should be here today or monday, just hope the back up she did at work saved.
    08-08-08 06:20 AM
    It happen often enough that BlackBerry service company offer USB repair for a fixed rate.

They are designed to be sturdy, but they are mounted to the logic board through a right angle connection. That magnifies any strains through the connector, a likely spot for a contact failure.
    That's good to know. I should limit my USB hook up to when I really need it. Got to get my blue tooth file transfer working.

I noticed that the mini USB connector on the BB supplied cable is longer than the connector on other cables I have. I wonder if that's a factor.
    08-08-08 06:30 AM
    When my friend first got his 8330, he could not connect via USB for the LONGEST time.. after some help from CB, we got it working but he still has problems when syncing. He'll have to unplug and re-try like 4x before it'll work.
    08-08-08 07:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD