Hi there

I have just received my first Blackberry- an 8310. I have historically used Psion, Palm and Windows Mobile devices, so this is a new experience for me. I have some questions re setting up email with a new Blackberry. Firstly, here is my set up-

The Blackberry Curve is a Vodafone branded unit and I have a corporate SIM card under BT Mobile (which uses the Vodafone network, but a different APN). I have set up the APN fine and can access data.

I have GPRS/3G activated on my SIM which has historically been used for my own MS Exchange account which was set up through 1&1. My question is, is there a way to use a Blackberry device to sync email, calendar etc. with a personal MS Exchange account if I do not have an Enterprise account?

I have been given this unit to write up a comparison with other platforms and want to give the Blackberry platform a real going over before I write about it. First impressions are excellent, but I suspect I may be no way near the required set up for my email needs.

Apologies if there are answers already on the forum about this. I did spend a fair while looking but quickly got confused (happens a lot)

Thanks
    06-13-08 12:17 PM
    06-13-08 12:20 PM
    here you go>>> BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com

when you log in, at the top theres a section for newbies..go there....
    welcome to CB, and enjoy you're new phone
    06-13-08 12:21 PM
    After you've gone through the 101 series I might also recommend the Edit Profiles and Set Notifications Thread and the Popular Download Links

Welcome to the addiction
    06-13-08 12:44 PM
    As everyone else already stated... the Blacberry 101 Lectures. Great place to start... and the BB will be so simple to get used to!!
    06-13-08 12:48 PM
    And for when you have some downtime
    170+ Free Games for your BlackBerry | BB Geeks
    06-13-08 12:50 PM
    You have already started at the right place. Welcome to cb!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-08 12:55 PM
    Welcome, and always feel free to ask questions... there are NO dumb questions, and everyone here is happy to assist. We've all been there.
    06-13-08 01:10 PM
    Woah! That was an impressive set of super quick answers! Thanks so much- I will do some reading and will definately stick around Thanks guys.
    06-13-08 01:29 PM
    Well, I have looked at the BIS service for Vodafone and set up a new account first of all, but sadly it does not work. I do not receive service books and test emails also do not get to the Blackberry.

I spoke to BT Mobile who could not offer a BIS URL to try. I guess this could be a carrier problem and presume that BIS or BES are the only options for email?
    06-13-08 03:03 PM
    welcome to CB.
    06-13-08 03:22 PM
    Hi and welcome.
    06-13-08 10:08 PM
    welcome to cb and enjoy!
    06-13-08 10:09 PM
    Welcome... more links in my sig.

Welcome to one of the safest addictions!
    06-13-08 10:10 PM
    Thanks for all of the welcomes Must say it isn't looking good though because it looks as though my provider will not be able to support this, or are unwilling to.

I have to say that the Blackberry experience is impressive though, if at first glance quite unusual with the bizarre pre-loaded fonts which make it look like a half coded version of Palm OS, so I may persevere and get a SIM only non contract deal to finish my review of the Blackberry platform properly.

Who knows? Maybe this will drag me away from Windows Mobile! Crackberry is also a very impressive site indeed- one of the best designed I have seen and it looks like a decent business structure has been set up behind it.
    06-14-08 02:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD