Tomorrow my curve 8330 should be at my door step. I currently have an Instinct and finally decided to get rid of it. My question is, what are some of the things I need to do? updates, any apps etc... Can I teether the curve? I cant wait to play with the curve, the Instinct really disappointed me. Thanks for any input
    07-31-09 12:13 AM
    tethering will cost you an arm and a leg if you don't have a tethering plan.

updates aren't essential and apps i don't have much experience with
    07-31-09 12:45 AM
    You should download quickpull asap as you will probably have to restart quite a lot when you are first setting everything up. At least i did lol.
    07-31-09 01:20 AM
    I did a couple of battery pulls setting up too, but after that, I had no need for that any more, so I chose not to install quick pull because I am allocating that space for more useful apps.
    07-31-09 01:24 AM
    If you wanted tethering for FREE, you should come to the other side of TMobile. They don't charge for tethering. It's the only company that doesn't charge. Also, I can only tell you one thing to do and that's to enjoy every minute of your Blackberry. You made a great choice to get a Blackberry.

Welcome to CB! You'll love it!
    07-31-09 04:51 AM
    Some of my recommended apps are:
    Quickluanch
    BerryWeather
    berrybuzz
    autostandby
    google mobile
    google sync
    slacker radio
    07-31-09 07:27 AM
    I'd like to add the following:
    Freerange - rss reader and of course, the Crackberry launcher.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 07:38 AM
    Added app is pandora also. Also keep quickpull installed also here is a useful thing you should do every time u restart your phone goto options>security options>memory cleaning. Then enable it and make sure the option show on homescreen is enabled and run that every now and then. also get ready to start loving life even more. And laugh at every iphone user for spending money on a overpriced ipod

07-31-09 07:45 AM
    I use Capture It, which takes screencaps and saves them as JPEGs.

07-31-09 07:48 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry!

Check out the http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/blac...e-series-4716/. There are a lot of useful articles in there to help out a first time Blackberry user.

07-31-09 08:41 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry! The curve is a great phone. Be sure to check out the BlackBerry 101: How To Lecture Series. It will help you get to know your phone a lot better!

07-31-09 09:11 AM
    you CAN tether your bb with sprint if you have an unlimited data plan. Kinda under the radar, but it works. I also went from the instinct to the curve in april, and have loved every minute of it. The curve is the most customizable phone I've ever owned, and i would recommend getting to know this board as it will def help with issues and getting the absolute most out of your device.

some apps you may want:
    QuickPull - you'll need it at least once, doesnt take too much resources
    Pandora/Slacker - who doesnt want internet radio? I prefer Pandora but i know ppl who swear by slacker
    BB app store - keep up with latest apps available, about half are free
    Big Tin Can Buzz Me - lets your phone vibrate and ring at same time
    Viigo - Simply awesome tool

dont forget your social networking apps and themes!

enjoy your first days with your curve, i sure did
    07-31-09 10:57 AM
    Tomorrow my curve 8330 should be at my door step. I currently have an Instinct and finally decided to get rid of it. My question is, what are some of the things I need to do? updates, any apps etc... Can I teether the curve? I cant wait to play with the curve, the Instinct really disappointed me. Thanks for any input
    I don't like the BB browser so I added Opera Mini to my Curve, and the GMail app. I have tried Quickpull on my Pearl and it was a handy app withthe Pearl's limited memory, but I just do a rest every once in a while on my Curve.

BB app world will be pushed to your phone, the first time you click the icon it will do the install.
    07-31-09 11:44 AM
    Welcome to the Machine.
    07-31-09 11:51 AM
    Thanks everyone for the info. The one nice thing about the Instinct was I was able to tether under the radar. Just got the curve and it is charging. I am going to slam a monster and wig out the rest of the day!!! This forum rocks. The Instinct has no apps, so I cant wait to have some useful apps. Thanks for the 101 thread, on my way right now to read it!
    07-31-09 02:37 PM
    I switched from an Instinct to a Curve just under two weeks ago now, and I LOVE it! While I liked the Instinct for what it was, I got tired of it because I couldn't add any apps or upgrades to it as promised when it came out. But with the BlackBerry, it can do so much, that I'm just enjoying the process of learning everything it can do.
    07-31-09 06:18 PM
    You're in the right place to learn everything it can do, and once you do, you will want no other device besides a BlackBerry...
    07-31-09 06:21 PM
    This thing rocks!! I love it already. Man, I wish I went with a berry long ago. Its addicting, now I know why its a crackberry!!
    07-31-09 06:57 PM
    Yes, we warned you. I got my Curve a few months ago. Learn some shortcuts. When you're browsing, hit the letter B to go all the way to the bottom, the letter T for the top, spacebar if you want to scroll the page. I'm sure you already knew that. If you want to restartg/reboot your Berry, press the ALT, left CAPS button and the DEL button at the same time. If you want to capitalize letters as you type, just press and hold the corresponding letters. To put a period at end of a sentence, just press the spacebar twice. Also, there's no need to put apostrophies(however you spell it) because the phone has a built in AUTOTEXT feauture. To write YOU'RE, just write it as you normally would and it'll auto correct the word. You can do so much with these devices. Take your time to learn the features. I'm still learning. Okay, I've said enough. Someone stop me. Have a great day CrackBerry heads.

08-01-09 07:40 AM
    I didn't know about some of that, like the t and b. The bb app store is pissing me off( I'm having the downloading issues as many others are) but besides that, I love this phone. I spent over 6 hours yesterday playing with it, and didn't want to put it down. Thanks again for all your help
    08-01-09 09:48 AM
    O.k., I must be missing something here. How the heck do I get a actual tone, ringer any kind of audio alert when I receive a text or email? Right now led just blinks and I have looked everywhere I thought I might be able to make it change.
    08-01-09 10:23 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ications-1623/

Here's a link that will help you with that problem.

Also, here is a great lil app that incorporates Vibe and ring, add #s to existing contacts, whitelist/blacklist calls, block Privte/Blocked caller IDs, and several other issues. It is a sweet app.

http://www.all4berry.com/ota/BerryAddon.jad

As for tethering, with the unlimited data plan, go to the Sprint website on your computer and download the Smartview software and enjoy.

One tip, the native BB browser will not allow you to access Sprint's Mobile site. Strange, their regular phones can, but as I understand it, there is some incompatability with the BB on the site. However, you can use http://mini.opera.com/ or Bolt Browser to go there just fine. I set up e-billing, and pay my bill online, so less paperwork comes to the house.

08-01-09 10:37 AM
    Got it done, thanks again. What would I do with out this place?!
    08-01-09 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD