Hey I got a BB Curve 8330 from verizon not that long ago and I just had a few ?'s - I did use the search on the forums but I didn't quite find some of the answers I was looking for and I don't really want to do anything that would mess up the BB

But here's my ?'s

-Is there any way to send sms messages without pressing the trackball? somehow i always end up hitting paste accidentally, the only shortcut so to speak that i found was pressing the BB key and then return

-How exactly do I remove facebook from my BB? Apparently it takes up a lot of memory and what not and I have no intention of ever using it.

-Where can I view and stop some of my background processes?

thanks
    06-07-09 09:14 PM
    Hey I got a BB Curve 8330 from verizon not that long ago and I just had a few ?'s - I did use the search on the forums but I didn't quite find some of the answers I was looking for and I don't really want to do anything that would mess up the BB

But here's my ?'s

-Is there any way to send sms messages without pressing the trackball? somehow i always end up hitting paste accidentally, the only shortcut so to speak that i found was pressing the BB key and then return

I either hit trackball then send or either bb>send. There might be some others...

-How exactly do I remove facebook from my BB? Apparently it takes up a lot of memory and what not and I have no intention of ever using it.

To remove applications go to options>advanced options>applications>highlight app>menu>delete. Don't forget to reset your berry afterwards.

-Where can I view and stop some of my background processes?

thanks
    To view your apps that are running hold ALT and the back button. This is the button to the right of the trackball. With BB there will always be five default apps running. BBM, Call Log, Home Screen, Browser, Messages. To properly close any application select menu>close and it closes it properly. If you just hit the end button it leaves it running in the background. Hope some of this helps...
    06-07-09 09:30 PM
    If you have something copied to the clipboard, go to Options>Security>Memory Cleaning, hit menu and "Clean Now". That will wipe the clipboard and get rid of the annoying "Paste" in the Menu.
    06-07-09 09:34 PM
    I believe you're stuck with facebook, its installed by your carrier. The best you can do is hide the icon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 09:37 PM
    I believe you're stuck with facebook, its installed by your carrier. The best you can do is hide the icon.

Facebook isn't automatically on the 8330 from verizon. It is one you can take off.

06-07-09 10:25 PM
    Facebook isn't automatically on the 8330 from verizon. It is one you can take off.

Not on my 8330 from VZW. I haven't tried through DM, but I think there was an option there. Through options on the phone, you can't.
    06-07-09 11:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD