I called VZW CS and everything with the ESN and PIN is clear, but it doesn't come with any of the original documentation or software. I've DLed the user guides from RIM's website, but i don't know about anything else? What do i need to install on my PC so that i can sync/back-up data and contacts and stuff?

Also, I want to do a fresh install so i can have the original fatory settings on the device. Can someone please link me to a page that explains how to do this?

TIA guys
    07-05-09 04:42 PM
    To do a factory reset go to options > security options > general settings > menu key > wipe handheld.

Download Desktop manager v4.6 off of blackberry.com. That's what you use to backup and restore.
    07-05-09 04:45 PM
    To do a factory reset go to options > security options > general settings > menu key > wipe handheld.

Download Desktop manager v4.6 off of blackberry.com. That's what you use to backup and restore.
    This will return the handheld to the original factory settings? Or will i have to re-install the OS once I do this?

I also noticed that v4.6 is not the newest version on BB's site. Is v4.7 on the website good for the 8330, or should i try and find v4.6 and use that instead?
    07-05-09 04:50 PM
    This will return the handheld to the original factory settings? Or will i have to re-install the OS once I do this?

I also noticed that v4.6 is not the newest version on BB's site. Is v4.7 on the website good for the 8330, or should i try and find v4.6 and use that instead?
    That will wipe the handheld. You could and should install the most recent OS for the 8330.

v4.7 is known to have problems, hence why I suggested 4.6
    07-05-09 04:55 PM
    That will wipe the handheld. You could and should install the most recent OS for the 8330.

v4.7 is known to have problems, hence why I suggested 4.6
    Ok, that's good to know about the v4.7. Where can I DL v4.6 from? is it hosted somewhere on CB?
    07-05-09 04:59 PM
    07-05-09 05:07 PM
    Download Desktop Manager 4.6 without Media Manager from here:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
    07-05-09 05:43 PM
    BlackBerry Desktop Manger is the most important piece of software, but there is more.

In order to maximize the benifit, you should upgrade to the latest carrier approved software. That will add features like HTML email and YouTube streaming video.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...nguage-236552/
    07-05-09 05:51 PM
    I spent a great deal of the afternoon reading every page of the Lyricidal hybrid thread and i'm really dying to try it. Haha. Thanks Reed, X, Hotz and Matt for your guys' help, i think i have all the links i need to get started.
    07-05-09 10:37 PM
    I had one more question about the Desktop Manager, which one should I DL? English or Multilanguage? Or doesn't it matter?
    07-05-09 10:40 PM
    English, unless you are multilingual.
    07-05-09 10:58 PM
    Hey Reed, does it matter whether I install the Telus OS release or the verizon OS release? I know that it will work as long as I delete the vendor.xml file after I install the OS on BBDesktop but what about the carrier themes? I want them gone as I won't likely use them. Will a different carrier's OS affect how I remove the carrier themes?
    07-06-09 06:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD