I recently installed Empower so that I could view HTML emails on my BB. Now I find that when it tries to download the images in the emails, I keep getting the following error.

"The application net_rim_bb_messaging_app has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy"

I had an IT policy on my blackberry but I no longer connect to my company's enterprise server so I used the fix to overwrite it with the blank IT policy. It allowed me to take the password off but the firewall setting is still locked. Does anyone know how I can fix this so that the error message stops being displayed? It doesn't appear to prevent the images from being downloaded because each time I click OK on the message the image downloads but then the message is displayed again when it attempts to download the next image. Its very annoying.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    08-29-08 10:50 AM
    Did you try checking your Empower options, Image and Cache Options, and insure the connection type id correct? For example, you must have been set for BES and now you are probably using BIS and your connection should reflect the type of connection you're using. If you change the connection type I would resend the service books as well.
    08-29-08 01:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD