I was using YahooGo3.0 to upload a photo via Flickr.

All of a sudden I got this error message stating that it tried to establish a connectionnnnn inside my firewall but I couldn't do it because of my IT Policy.

I tried to just shut it down but it wouldn't close. I went to the home screen & the error message kept popping up.

I just did a battery pull.

Any thoughts?
    05-01-08 03:32 PM
    Have you been able to upload to Flickr in the past?

If your Curve has ever been attached to a BES network, it could have inherited a policy file. Policy files can impose any number of restrictions on a device to protect the interests of the company.

Removing a policy is possible, but tread carefully there, it may be grounds for dismissal in some companies.
    05-01-08 03:37 PM
    I'm not on BES. Although my job pays for my phone, I'm on a separate contract & I have BIS.

Mmm, I don't think I've been attached to any BIS..
    05-01-08 03:42 PM
    That is good news, I was concerned about the policy reference, but that may be a part of the general error message.

I can't help with testing the Yahoo application, it requires a data plan. Hopefully, another user can confirm the operation works on their device.
    05-01-08 03:58 PM
    Thanks for the help either way

Mmm, any other takers?

All suggestions/help is welcome!
    05-01-08 04:13 PM
    Your IT Policy will be 'Default'. All Blackberrys have one and unless an IT dept. fools with it, it remains as Default and does whatever those sons of fun at RIM decided was sensible. It is viewable under Options, Security Options, General Settings and then scroll down to the bottom of the page. See. It says Default.

Why did this happen? I don't know exactly but something happened to trigger the message. I suspect that it was a false alarm. Most likely your upload did something that the Firewall did not like and it triggered the false alarm.

Try again and see what happens.

Alarms are generally set to go off if something bad happens. This case is a bit like leaving a traffic light on yellow. Its probably safe to go but it ain't quite legal - if it's a one off occurence.
    05-01-08 04:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD