I'm having some issue with BB. Still trying to learn things. However, I DL fox mobile news want to remove application. When I go to app I do not see it listed. But icon is on phone and I can open and read news.

Should I just reset my phone back to factory settings? And if so how do I go about it? My other issue is with opera works well with firewall enabled. But when I'm reading email on yahoo I can't open attachments unless firewall is disabled.
    12-30-08 02:00 AM
    To remove an application Options>Advanced Options>Applications>Select & highlight which app to delete>BB button (I guess that's what it's called)>Delete>Confirm Delete
    12-30-08 02:10 AM
    Yes I've done that but the application does not show up there. See the yahoo to go, viigo and the O mini. But not fox news
    12-30-08 02:17 AM
    Some times u hav to to do a soft reset for deleted apps to be totally removed

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-08 08:19 AM
    Thanks I tried the soft reset and the icon is still there. Can go in and still read the news.

I'll just hide the icon. I'm assuming since it does not show up in the applications then it is not taking up memory.
    12-30-08 01:48 PM
    Because its a push icon, its not an app so you cant remove it from there.

Hold one, let me find you the unsubscirbe link, once you do that, open the browser, bookmarks, browser channels, delete the fox one.. you need to unsub first, just a min
    12-30-08 01:50 PM
    Email this link to your blackberry, then click on it, about half way down is to unsubscribe,

FOX News - foxnews.mobi
    12-30-08 01:55 PM
    Ok, so I'm having the same kind of issue, except that its Myspace and Gtalk that were deleted but icons are still there and still can be accessed...any help would be greatly appreciated!

01-03-09 06:44 PM
    Myspace and gtalk I think maybe service books, if they are not in your app list, then yes, service book, so just hide the icons, no use deleteing them as everytime you resend your service books, they will show up again, as long as you dont instal them, and hide them you are good to go, out of site out of mind.

Just be sure they are not in your app list, (options, advanced, applications) if they are, then they are installed, so just delete them, when they reappear again (service gbook) just hide em.
    01-03-09 06:47 PM
    Ok, thank u rachel! I'll just do that.

01-03-09 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD