Have they come out with Fife Fox Browser for blackberry curve??
    01-09-09 04:58 AM
    Not yet. Still no definite time frame.
    01-09-09 04:59 AM
    Are they working on it???
    01-09-09 05:01 AM
    Yes, they are. 2 versions from what I understand. One for keyboard
    devices and one for touchscreens.
    01-09-09 05:24 AM
    Firefox will never be made for the Blackberry.
    Mozilla has come out with a mobile browser called Fennec but you will never see that for the Blackberry either. This mobile browser was meant for UMPC'S or Internet Tablets. I have a Nokia N800 and the thing is a dog when running Fennec. You'll be lucky to ever get the program running on a BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-09 06:44 AM
    Yes, they are. 2 versions from what I understand. One for keyboard
    devices and one for touchscreens.
    That'll be interesting to use on the 8900. Also, anyone heard anything bout Google Chrome for Berries? That would be sweeeeeeet

01-09-09 06:45 AM
    Mozilla has come out with a mobile browser called Fennec but you will never see that for the Blackberry either. This mobile browser was meant for UMPC'S or Internet Tablets. I have a Nokia N800 and the thing is a dog when running Fennec. You'll be lucky to ever get the program running on a BB.

Ha Ya okay what ever you say... It's being developed now...
    01-09-09 07:04 AM
    That'll be interesting to use on the 8900. Also, anyone heard anything bout Google Chrome for Berries? That would be sweeeeeeet

Disagree. Chrome is still buggy on a PC...(look familiar? $$000$$$)...I shudder to think of it on my BB at this point. However, if they get the bugs out it will be awesome!

As for the OT...I would love to see a FF browser!!
    01-09-09 07:06 AM

Firefox Mobile First Look - BlackBerry Blast!

Firefox going mobile | BlackBerry Cool

Mobile News: Firefox Mobile Hits Alpha, Blackberry App Centre : Digital-Lifestyles (alpha remix)
    01-09-09 07:13 AM
    ^^^^ Burn.
    01-09-09 07:30 AM
    Smokecheck!!
    01-09-09 07:34 AM
    I'm very excited for Tabbed browsing. I've ben waiting a loooonnggg time for this!
    01-09-09 08:09 AM
    Now Im not saying Fennec will never be released for the BB, but just because the news is posted on a BB site doesn't mean it is coming out for the BB. Did you read the articles?

Ha Ya okay what ever you say... It's being developed now...
    If you are refering to it being developed for BB please post a real link, not just an article that contains "Blackberry" and "Fennec" on the same page.

Heres a recent article that actually gives you an answer instead of making assumptions:

Mozilla's Fennec heads to Symbian - ZDNet.co.uk

In the same quarter, smartphones from Apple, RIM and HTC (using Google's Android operating system) also took substantial market share, but Mozilla is not planning to port Fennec to Apple's iPhone, RIM's BlackBerry or Android-based devices, Sejersen said.
    Last edited by Shao128; 01-09-09 at 09:38 AM.
    01-09-09 08:58 AM
    geez okay point the fingers.......

I have read the article, and as far as news it's anything else you would read any where.
    01-09-09 10:15 AM
    geez okay point the fingers.......

I have read the article, and as far as news it's anything else you would read any where.

It was directed at you because you were the one claiming Fennec was being developed for the BB. I was asking you to provide a link to some information showing that this was true.
    01-09-09 10:27 AM
    Firefox is great and all, but I would stick with Opera anyways. The speed of opera compared to the other BB browsers is like comparing apples to oranges.
    01-09-09 10:33 AM
    Hmmm. One of the articles is from October 8, 2007. The other that mentions firefox and BB is from February 7, 2008. The last one is from October 8, 2008 but only talks about winmo and nokia. Not sure how reliable any of this info is. Don't get me wrong I would love to see a Firefox browser but after reading those articles I'm not holding my breath.
    01-09-09 11:16 AM
    It was directed at you because you were the one claiming Fennec was being developed for the BB. I was asking you to provide a link to some information showing that this was true.

That I do not have any info of sir. Just what I provided.

The Op asked if FF mobile would ever come out so I passed on some links that he or she may have never seen.

If I ever see any more news I will provide more truth to this mystery.
    01-09-09 11:54 AM
    It seems that because blackberry is java it won't be easy to bring over, we can all hope though!

Fennec on Blackberry's? - mozilla.dev.platforms.mobile | Google Groups
    01-09-09 01:40 PM
    Have they come out with Fife Fox Browser for blackberry curve??
    I hope not. Firefox is one of the biggest frauds ever foisted on a very gullible Internet world.

All it took was to copy a stripped-down Opera browser (tabs years before FF existed) and claim IE was so bad and they were allowed a free pass to roll out the most resource intensive browser on the planet.

Open FF with three tabs at three different standard sites. Check its load in your task manager. Now do the same with IE7. Be fair & use the same tabs & the same sites. Now try it with Opera. Odds are, FF draws more resources than IE and Opera COMBINED.

Then you need to wonder about those extensions. How malware laden are they and how well written are they?

It was proven long ago that FF is, in many ways, LESS secure than other browsers and you want it on BB too?

I have IT people here with engineering degrees & over 25yrs exp and they won't touch FF.

Keep it away from my Berry, please.

01-09-09 02:13 PM
    I hope not. Firefox is one of the biggest frauds ever foisted on a very gullible Internet world.

All it took was to copy a stripped-down Opera browser (tabs years before FF existed) and claim IE was so bad and they were allowed a free pass to roll out the most resource intensive browser on the planet.

Open FF with three tabs at three different standard sites. Check its load in your task manager. Now do the same with IE7. Be fair & use the same tabs & the same sites. Now try it with Opera. Odds are, FF draws more resources than IE and Opera COMBINED.

Then you need to wonder about those extensions. How malware laden are they and how well written are they?

It was proven long ago that FF is, in many ways, LESS secure than other browsers and you want it on BB too?

I have IT people here with engineering degrees & over 25yrs exp and they won't touch FF.

Keep it away from my Berry, please.

Well I did you test, an as far as being secure, Firefox is about the same as opera if not better with page loads,rendering, and back end operation. but as for resources........ not sure what pc you using and what tabs your using, but with opera running at 154,073K and with Firefox running 138,556K. looks like Opera is more of a hog..... and this is with the basic versions running no add on's and the same tabbed pages loaded in each browser...

I would like you to provide more information to what your trying to explain.... IMO I see no difference and will continue to use FF because it has more features and better operation then opera.
    01-10-09 12:18 PM
    I would like you to provide more information to what your trying to explain.... IMO I see no difference and will continue to use FF because it has more features and better operation then opera.
    On modern PCs there shouldnt be much differece with Opera and FF. I found though on older slower machines with less ram Opera ran better.

In the end just like the Blackbery Browser vs OperaMini, it comes down to what you need it to do what what each persons own perference is. On my BB I use the BB browser and not OperaMini, on my desktop Ive been using Opera for years
    01-10-09 12:27 PM
    On modern PCs there shouldnt be much differece with Opera and FF. I found though on older slower machines with less ram Opera ran better.

In the end just like the Blackbery Browser vs OperaMini, it comes down to what you need it to do what what each persons own perference is. On my BB I use the BB browser and not OperaMini, on my desktop Ive been using Opera for years

Yes you have a true point that it does depend on what pc your using, but yes most newer ones can handle stuff with out problems/lag but someone with an older laptop(me). Hey it works plus best tablet pc i have ever used. But anyways, when I was using opera I did notice that pages would load faster, but allot of times the pages would not load at all... not sure why. I also couldn't get confortable with the settings and operation of opera.... It could be I didn't give it much time. But the settings, their didn't seem to be much to play with, example open browser with tab pages, but that are refreshed, not the last session that was saved......

But My main point was to point out that FF is secure just like other browsers. I would have to say opera and FF are better then IE with out a doubt.
    01-10-09 12:36 PM
    Now Im not saying Fennec will never be released for the BB, but just because the news is posted on a BB site doesn't mean it is coming out for the BB. Did you read the articles?

Well done Shao. Those articles had nothing to do with FF being developed for BlackBerry.
    01-10-09 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD