I Have The Curve And About Three Days Ago Everytime A Picture Is Taken The Error Msg "file System Full" Pops Up...the Pic Can't Be Saved, Sent Nor Deleted....what Does This Mean And What Do I Do?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-09 07:12 AM
    It could be just what it says. Do you have a media card? If you do, make sure the pix are being saved on the card, not the device memory. Post back and let us know.

Meanwhile, you might try a battery pull - with the phone on, remove the battery and replace after half a minute or so.

05-27-09 07:21 AM
    I Did Do A Battery Pull, But It Didn't Have An Affect On The Error Message.

My Meory Card Haas About 1gb Left...how Do I Save Pics To The Memory Card?

05-27-09 07:26 AM
    Go into your camera then press the bb button)one with the dots) then go to options. From there you can change it from device memory and media card

05-27-09 07:30 AM
    I Did Do A Battery Pull, But It Didn't Have An Affect On The Error Message.

My Meory Card Haas About 1gb Left...how Do I Save Pics To The Memory Card?

The pics that are saved on the devic memory need to be moved to the media card. In order to do this you can transfer them one by one from the device itself or plug your berry into your computer and enable mass storage mode. Then use your berry like a removable disc drive and drag and drop the pics from the device memory to the media card.
    05-27-09 07:32 AM
    Go into your camera then press the bb button)one with the dots) then go to options. From there you can change it from device memory and media card

OK, I JUST DID THAT, BUT WHEN I TAKE A PIC AND TRY TO DELETE THE PIC IT STATES "PICTURE CANNOT BE DELETED"...

05-27-09 07:37 AM
    @IceMan - I've never used Roxio Media Manager but dont you need DM with Roxio to see the actual files on the device? I think Mass Storage Mode opens up only the media card to visibility from Windows. Could be wrong�

05-27-09 07:42 AM
    @IceMan - I've never used Roxio Media Manager but dont you need DM with Roxio to see the actual files on the device? I think Mass Storage Mode opens up only the media card to visibility from Windows. Could be wrong�

SADLY I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT YOUR SAYING.LOL.

05-27-09 07:50 AM

You don't need Device Manager running to see the actual files on the device when using the Roxio Media Manager. If you just select "Mass Storage Mode" when connecting the device to a PC, you only get access to the media card.

Media Manager is an easy way transfer and delete files from the Device Memory to the Media Card if you are not comfortable doing it on the BlackBerry.

If your Blackberry has such little free memory that it is getting hard to use, you can free up some by pressing "Alt+LGLG" (hold the Alt key down while typing the L's and G's), then press menu and "Clear Log" this will clear your event log. Then you can open up your browser, "Options>Cache Operations" and clear your "Content Cache."

Those steps may get you back to operational while you delete / transfer your pictures.
    05-27-09 10:52 AM
    You don't need Device Manager running to see the actual files on the device when using the Roxio Media Manager. If you just select "Mass Storage Mode" when connecting the device to a PC, you only get access to the media card. <snip>.
    Yabut� what I meant was that in mass storage mode you can't see the files in device memory, only files on the media card. Thus, mass storage mode will not work to transfer files from the device to the media card.

05-27-09 06:16 PM
    I don't know much about anything Blackberry. That's why I hang out here to learn from you gurus. However, I have my Curve set to prompt me regarding mass storage when I connect to computer and run Desk Top Manager. After clicking on yes (to enable Mass Storage Mode), I get the choice to either open up the device memory or media card.
    05-27-09 06:24 PM
    I don't know much about anything Blackberry. That's why I hang out here to learn from you gurus. However, I have my Curve set to prompt me regarding mass storage when I connect to computer and run Desk Top Manager. After clicking on yes (to enable Mass Storage Mode), I get the choice to either open up the device memory or media card.
    Not on my OS 5.0.77 - just Yes/No. I cannot see the device memory at all without Roxio Media Manager, which I've only used once for testing.
    05-27-09 10:52 PM
    My bad. I am speaking with reference to Roxio Media Manager being deployed.
    05-28-09 09:06 AM
    Yabut� what I meant was that in mass storage mode you can't see the files in device memory, only files on the media card. Thus, mass storage mode will not work to transfer files from the device to the media card.

My wording was probably less than perfect, but the intent was to confirm your prior comment.
    05-28-09 12:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD