OK, I'm somewhat panicking here. I own a 3300 and NEVER let my file free memory drop below 20MB but my phone apparently "auto-deleted" thousands of emails I had stored in my phone. Yes, I know, that's a lot of emails but I didn't think it was ever an issue because I always had ample memory in my phone to store them.

Anyway, I searched for a specific email yesterday and it wasn't there. I scratched my head, pulled back to the date I thought I received it and noticed (to my horror) that all the emails were gone. Pretty much all emails prior to Dec 17, 2008 in ALL my accounts (I have four email accounts) have disappeared. I then checked my file free memory to see what happened and it increased to over 33MB. So apparently, the phone auto deleted about 10-12MB of email for no reason.

I backed up the phone and found that the backup file dropped in size from 22MB to 14MB. This may or may not be good news but I received a replacement phone for my BB (I had insurance replace the one I have now due to a small crack in the screen which had no effect on the phone's performance) and I still have not transferred service to the new phone yet (or shipped the existing phone back to the insurance company). The possible good news is that I backed up the phone PRIOR to the mass email deletion.

So I have two phones - the original one (with cracked screen) that had the emails deleted BUT has all my current emails on it..... and a second phone that was sent as a replacement. The second phone was backed up about 12 days prior to the mass email deletion. I also have that larger file (with all my old emails) as a backup IPD file on my computer. AND the smaller file that was backed up AFTER my emails were deleted. Confused yet?

So my question is how can I keep my old emails (on the new phone) AND load on any new emails that were sent/received (from the old cracked screen phone) back to my phone and still keep all the emails that were sent over the last 12 days or so? And how can I prevent this from happening again?

My emails are extremely critical to me and I thought they would be safe as long as I backed them up on my computer as a IPD file.

Another thing I was wondering about but is somewhat offtopic is when I send an email from my computer (through gmail) my BB gets a copy of the entire email. However, when I send an email from my BB, I only get a message on my gmail account that an email was sent and it was delivered. Is there any way to get the entire sent email to appear in my gmail account when I send from my BB? The idea is that I want all emails sent or received on my phone to copy to my gmail account, therefore backing up ALL emails sent and received, regardless if it's from my BB or work computer or home computer.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by pj737; 04-13-09 at 04:23 AM.
    04-13-09 04:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD