Hi,
    My company switched me over from a WM6.1 phone to the 8330M. I am loving getting back on the BB platform after spending 5 years of **** in WMland. The company has an IT Policy and I am having issues with the way that the 8330 is handling it. Both this phone and my WM phone lock in 15 minutes. However, on my WM phone, if I was using a GPS program, the OS took that as activity and would not lock. The 8330 seems to handle it as there has to be a keystroke for it to keep from locking. It is not that great driving down the road and you have forgotten to hit a button within the last 15 minutes and just before a turn, the phone locks up and you have to try and type in the password before you miss the turn! Is there somethig that can doon my end that would keep the phone active while using the GPS? It is worse with Live Maps, as the screen turns off in a minute while at least BBMaps doesn't do that. Being that it is a 8330M, the internatl GPS won't work with Google Maps, so I haven't even seen how it handles it.
    Thanks!
    Ted
    06-16-09 09:20 AM
    As far as fixing the lock out time, you can not change that. I don't know if you can change the setting to keep it unlocked while running an app in the background.
    06-16-09 09:28 AM
    I haven't found any settings for keeping it unlocked for background apps. I didn't know if there was maybe a program that would simulate keystrokes at a set interval so I don't have to keep doing it myself.
    06-16-09 09:35 AM
    Not that I am aware of, you might want to talk to your BES admin he might be able to set you up on a different IT Policy or a blank one.
    06-16-09 09:41 AM
    I don't know if they will budge as they are trying to make everything SOx complient. (Even thou we are not a public company!?!)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-09 10:01 PM
    You can also post your question in the BES administrators forum.

Here's a link to the forum:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f50/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by xliderider; 06-16-09 at 10:11 PM.
    06-16-09 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD