I just got my first Blackberry today so I have many questions.. and I'm wondering if I can use this thread to ask questions as they come to me. If that's not allowed here just let me know.

First of all:

I'm trying to email a picture from my computer to my BB to use as my wallpaper. I add the picture as an attachment to my Yahoo email and send it, but then when I send it to my T-Mobile email address (Ex: [email protected]), which should bring the picture up as a picture message, it is just a blank text.

Please help.
    11-08-08 07:53 PM
    Ask anytime you want, but please start new threads with informative titles so we and others searching threads know what you're asking.

If you sent it as an attachment, you would need to download it. Menu > download? Is that an option?
    11-08-08 07:59 PM
    do you have your Yahoo email set up though the t-mob BIS site?
    11-08-08 08:01 PM
    Ask anytime you want, but please start new threads with informative titles so we and others searching threads know what you're asking.

If you sent it as an attachment, you would need to download it. Menu > download? Is that an option?
    Will do, and thanks.

It doesn't have download as an option in the menu, but probably because it doesn't show anything to download. The text I receive just shows my Yahoo email addy in the title, and then nothing in the text.

do you have your Yahoo email set up though the t-mob BIS site?
    I don't believe so. How would I go about doing that?
    11-08-08 08:10 PM
    Create a log in here:

T-Mobile BIS

Do you have a data plan?
    11-08-08 08:12 PM
    Not sure of the address for the t-mob site. once you get that you sign up for a BIS account and you can configure email there and you should be able to do it form the device though email settings icon. Also, do you have a data plan on your account?
    11-08-08 08:14 PM
    Thanks for the link. I'll try this process now and let you know how it goes. And yes, I do have a data plan.
    11-08-08 08:21 PM
    Hope that works for you and welcome to CB!
    11-08-08 08:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD