Okay, I don't know what I did. Yesterday I noticed that it was taking a LONG time to load Crackberry from my Curve... and longer to switch pages. I mean minutes. I checked the memory and I was down to 18,000,000 something which is not anywhere near where it normally is. Normally I'm around 39. I deleted excess themes and cleaned the memory and got it up to around 36. Then I watched it. Every 10 minutes the memory would go lower... The battery was at about 60% so I just shut it off and recharged it. This morning when I turned it on the free memory was at 35 and depleting. I checked the forums here and realized I may have open programs. I did. One of them was GoogleMaps. Closed all the programs and cleaned the memory again and did a battery pull. got me up to 36. Deleted Viigo and now I'm at 40. I'm going to watch it and see what happens but did I miss anything? Would GoogleMaps have pulled that much free memory? And yes, I have Facebook on there but have had it on since day one, and it wasn't open. This is the first time I've had this issue and it kinda freaked me out a bit. Is there anything else I need to do? Thanks guys..... and yes, I searched the threads that's how I knew to do what I did!
    02-09-09 10:07 AM
    OS version and applications are the two main culprits when it comes to memory leakage. A lot of official releases of 4.5 and most betas are pretty darn leaky. Certain apps like Myspace and Facebook have been known to have issues with memory seepage as well.
    02-09-09 10:58 AM
    I am not sure how much googlemaps would pull but it must do something, along with viigo - I would say your problem if not a leak with the OS will remedy itself with the removal viigo and now realizing how to properly close apps and/or check if they are open.

Are you big into texting or saving all your texts?? If so you can set it up to save only a certain amount. I had facebook and it messed me up bad so it had to go but many use it with no issue, you might be one of them. Same goes with viigo........so just keep your eyes peeled and all will be well.

In the end have no fear team crackberry is here
    02-09-09 11:07 AM
    Thanks guys. It's not as bad as it was... I've gone from 40 to 38 in about 2 hours and nothing is open. I do have 4.5 OS running but that was already installed when I got it. It's just weird. Just checked it again and its up to 39.. I think I have a gremlin! And for some reason all my ringtones went back to factory reset... what the heck is with that? Now I have to remember how I set them all before! Can't seem to find that same screen.... This is gonna be one of those days.
    02-09-09 11:20 AM
    I am starting to lean towards FB - but meh I could be wrong, I am about as dumb as a bricked blackberry when it comes to troubleshooting some of these issues

To change your tones go to profile (little speaker thingie) scroll to advanced>pick your profile and then set em up
    02-09-09 11:24 AM
    I would definitely get rid of Facebook. That app has more issues than National Geographic.

Wow! I don't think I've ever seen anyone acquire over 1,400 posts in one month....Criminy!
    Last edited by 1 2 MaNy; 02-09-09 at 11:37 AM.
    02-09-09 11:34 AM
    I am starting to lean towards FB - but meh I could be wrong, I am about as dumb as a bricked blackberry when it comes to troubleshooting some of these issues

To change your tones go to profile (little speaker thingie) scroll to advanced>pick your profile and then set em up
    The bricked blackberry part is funny! I deleted a bunch of SMS messages that were hanging around that I didn't know where there.... It took me HOURS to get these ringtones set right before. Now I can't get the vibrate to stop. Ugh. When did these things stop being fun and start being stressful! I've got nothing else to do today.
    02-09-09 11:38 AM
    Okay, all the ringtones are set, I got the stupid vibrate off and my memory is down to 37 from 40 a few hours ago. Nothing is running but something is eating my memory. Or is it normal for it to go down a bit throughout the day?
    02-09-09 11:51 AM
    Now for some reason it's a t 41. I have NO idea. I give up. Let it be, it's more than I had before.
    02-09-09 12:04 PM
    What apps do you have on the device?
    02-09-09 12:05 PM
    Pocket Day
    Capture It
    Facebook
    MySpace
    and I thought I took it off but its still there Google Maps
    I took off Viigo and it gained a lot of memory right away.

I've done a battery pull and closed all the apps and ran the memory cleaner.
    Now it's down to 39 from 41 less than a half hour ago.
    02-09-09 12:26 PM
    Sounds like another Facebook memory bandit. I've been seeing a ton of problems people have been having with FB. People that have been roundfiling it have found their BBs magically returning to normal. It's worth a thought!?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-09 12:54 PM
    Pocket Day
    Capture It
    Facebook
    MySpace
    and I thought I took it off but its still there Google Maps
    I took off Viigo and it gained a lot of memory right away.

I've done a battery pull and closed all the apps and ran the memory cleaner.
    Now it's down to 39 from 41 less than a half hour ago.
    Well, theres your problem. You have Facebook and Myspace installed on your device. Both of those apps are notorious for causing bad memory leakage. It's either get rid of them, or live with the leak.
    02-09-09 12:58 PM
    Thanks for everything guys! Hours later and I'm still over 40! Something worked!

02-09-09 04:20 PM
    No problemo. I see memory leaks and 9 out of 10 were FB related,it seems.

Didn't think too much about the FB/MS combo. Oh well, live and learn.

02-09-09 05:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD