I'm currently using a new Curve that was replaced thanks to the insurance . I was going to sync the Facebook app with my contacts so it syncs caller I'd photos. Anyone know if it severey slows the device down? This new one is much snappier than the old one with so much less stuff on it. Thanks for any info.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-09 08:03 AM
    AT&T Curve 8310 - no problems with facebook app - the initial sync might have taken some time, but no problems since.

Hope this helped.....
    07-06-09 08:11 AM
    I appreciate the info. I just remember a lot more hourglass when I synced contacts and calendar with FB.

07-06-09 08:12 AM
    I have the Pearl and it is horrifically slow now that I have the new facebook application. I had no issues with the old one. The strange thing is, it works fine for the first day and then it gets all bogged down and I sit there looking at the hourglass for 15 second intervals before I can do anything. I have deleted and added the new fb application 2 times now and the same thing happens each time. I have deleted it again and now all is fine.
    07-06-09 10:31 AM
    Afaik facebook is a memory eater which would cause slowing.

07-06-09 01:20 PM
    I haven't had any issues with Facebook even after the upgrade.
    Is is possible you've already met your threshold on installed programs? Check your applications menu for unused/unnecessary software.
    07-06-09 01:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD