I just got my BB 8520 yesterday. I successfully downloaded the Facebook application from the App World using the browser preloaded from my new phone, but when I tried logging in to Facebook, I am receiving this error message: "Could not connect because data service is not available. Please try again later. If this continues, contact your service provider for support." I tried calling Globe Philippines (which is my provider) about this issue, they suggested for me to add the BlackBerry Internet service which cost Php 700. My plan is only Php 500 a month. Anyway, this BlackBerry phone is not originally from Globe. Would that be the issue? I tried using the browser installed from my BlackBerry, it works (when openning websites even Facebook) but I want to use the Facebook application instead which is far better. Could this be possible? How can I rectify this? Please help.
    Last edited by drofteched; 05-05-10 at 04:15 AM.
    05-05-10 04:13 AM
    The Facebook app is one of RIM's apps, so it needs to go through their servers to work. The only way to get to RIM's servers is through a Blackberry Data plan. So use the mobile site or get the plan.
    05-05-10 04:19 AM
    This helps me a lot! Thanks! But I wonder why a friend who's using a BlackBerry phone aswell were able to download the Facebook App and makes it work. She is using prepaid. Any idea?
    05-05-10 04:29 AM
    Using the facebook app to begin with is the problem. Always use it through the browser because the app never works right.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-10 07:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD