I am heavily considering purchasing one of the Seidio extended batteries for my 8330 Curve.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=uqmUSMi3 (for reference)

However, I have heard mixed reviews on it. So, I ask those of you who use them, and those who don't as well, what it is like? Is the battery life that much better? and just as important can I use the original blackberry battery door that came with the device? I understand that the extended batteries are larger than the stock batteries, but does it make THAT much differnce?

If anyone who uses an extended battery with the original battery door and wouldn't mind sharing a picture or two, I would really appreciate it.

Those are my two main concerns with getting the extended battery. A) it's appearance and B) it's function.
    08-24-08 12:17 AM
    the 1500mh battery is the same size as the original battery. the 2500mh battery comes with the extended door.

sorry I cannot post picks.
    08-24-08 12:32 AM
    the 1500mh battery is the same size as the original battery. the 2500mh battery comes with the extended door.

sorry I cannot post picks.
    Thanks for your help!
    08-24-08 12:38 AM
    I am using the 2500 battery...it's MHO to buy this one.My BlackBerry can last 4 days with heavy usage.The rubberish finish on the new back door is fantastic.I love the weight the battery adds,make the phone feel better in my hand...plus the slits for the speaker on the back make a world of difference....Just my .02

P.S....take a 9 volt battery and take your OEM door off...now hold the 9 volt against your OEM battery.......that's about how far the 2500 and case stick out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Boomh4u3r; 08-24-08 at 12:56 AM.
    08-24-08 12:54 AM
    The door fits but it is tight. I like the weight, but that's all I like about it. To be absolutely honest, I think it was a waste of money. I don't see hardly any difference. At the end of a long day of heavy use, it may have a little more juice left - but not much. Funny this came up!, I am going to run a test over the next few days and see how long my old OEM battery lasts compared to the new one. I could have picked up a couple nice accessories for what the battery cost.

08-24-08 02:04 AM
    Oops, I have the 1500.

08-24-08 02:42 AM
    I just picked a 1500 up from this site. It got here Friday, we'll see how it works! I have heard good things about the 2500 though!

08-24-08 10:43 AM
    i've had the 1500mAh battery for a few months. it works. fits under the oem door just fine as long as you remove the foam tape on the backside of the door.

just dont expect any miracles, though. and DONT follow the instructions that come with it. it's lithium ion and does not like to be completely drained for a charge cycle. (yeah yeah yeah, i know, everyone and their mother is going to tell me that i'm wrong and the battery manufacturer is right. whatever. i'm well versed in chemistry, specifically with silver zinc batteries as well as lithium ion/lithium polymer)

lastly, the battery's smart chip monitor is "end biased". your meter will look like the battery drains at the same rate, but once it gets to 15%, it sits there forever. you DO get the longer life, it just doesnt seem like it until you get towards the end of the meter's life reading.
    08-24-08 11:35 AM
    That's good to know, Oakie, because mine does get to 15% by evening. The Curve's batt level display is all I have to to go by, and the display did seem to match the OEM battery. While I have to keep expectations within reason, it threw me to not see the level stay higher with the same usage. I'll keep an open mind and monitor it's performance a while longer before reaching a conclusion.

08-24-08 12:14 PM
    I have had the 1500mh for a few months and works well so far. Extends my battery life about a couple hours. I'm planning on getting the 2500mh tho but just thinking about not having a case for my curve. Is a nightmare

08-24-08 01:53 PM
    It seems as though the 2500mh battery is the way to go, but I don't want to add the extra bulk to the back of the phone.

And then I hear that the 1500mh isn't worth the money. I'm not jumping into anything just yet. I'm going to see how the new phone works as well as its battery situation/battery life.
    08-24-08 10:24 PM
    Between home and work and my car I am never far from a charge source. Its great the BB can charge from USB. I can plug it in almost anywhere as long as I have a mini USB cable with me.
    08-25-08 06:52 AM

just dont expect any miracles, though. and DONT follow the instructions that come with it. it's lithium ion and does not like to be completely drained for a charge cycle. (yeah yeah yeah, i know, everyone and their mother is going to tell me that i'm wrong and the battery manufacturer is right. whatever. i'm well versed in chemistry, specifically with silver zinc batteries as well as lithium ion/lithium polymer)
    Agree 100%. Rechargeable lithium batteries do not respond well to deep discharge. In fact it will destroy them faster than anything else I have found. Try to keep Li cells above 30% charge, and if possible above 50% for best life - they are usually intelligent so a quick top-up won't hurt them. The other thing which ruins them is overheating so don't leave in an unattended car parked in the sun.
    08-25-08 08:07 AM
    There are some risks.

I've heard about third-party batteries overheating, exploding or catching fire.

That's why RIM electronically tags their own OEM batteries and throttles back on charge rates with any other kind of battery - a safety issue.

So it's probably safer to buy a second battery from RIM.

Seidio has, I believe, been private labeling Sanyo batteries.
    08-25-08 11:33 AM
    Anyone here know whether the 25oo fits well in a standard leather-type blackberry holster with the stretchy sides - still tinkering with the idea of an extended battery ...
    08-26-08 02:13 PM
    I have had the 1500mh for a few months and works well so far. Extends my battery life about a couple hours. I'm planning on getting the 2500mh tho but just thinking about not having a case for my curve. Is a nightmare

there is a case for the 8330 with the extended battery http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...R2BB8330X%2DBK
    08-26-08 02:32 PM
    I bought this 1900mAh HI BATTERY FOR Blackberry Curve 8300 8310 8320 on eBay, also, Batteries, PDA Accessories, Computing (end time 26-Jul-08 09:53:05 BST) It is a halfway measure as far as capacity goes but I was not looking for extended battery life so much as trying to solve an OS 4.5 re-boot problem that just might have been the battery.

Either way, I got a 1900mAh battery and a great big cover for �3.99 (about $8 + postage)

I liked the weight and the feel of it in my hand but hated the way it looked so I just keep it lying around. Anyhow my Curve is red and the new back was silver.
    08-26-08 05:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD