I work for a School System who's server security does not allow me to use the school e-mail server address to access my work e-mail. This defeats the purpose of having a blackberry! The school told me I had to have a phone with EAS (exchange active Sync). Is there something I can download to make this possible or do I have to get rid of my blackberry within the first month that I got it?

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
    03-05-09 09:52 AM
    Do you have to capabilites to view your email via the web. Outlook web access, If so. We can set up your mail for you.

Let me know.

Now you won;t have the exchange calendar and contacts but it's mail...
    03-05-09 10:53 AM
    I can currently sync with my Outlook and have my calendar and my contacts, but can't access my Outlook e-mail.

We have a "staff portal" which is "portal.elkhart.k12.in.us" which I access from any computer when away from the office, but when I type in that same address on my blackberry browser I get this warning:

"Error 50:Service Unavailable" and "The server is currently unable to handle your request due to a temporary overloading or maintenance of the server. Please try loading a different page . Contact your service provider if this problem persists."

Any suggestions?
    03-05-09 11:15 AM
    Anyone else have any suggestions??
    03-05-09 07:57 PM
    OP, is there an address you can use to access your email from a computer that is not on the network?

If so, then there is a good chance you can use the OWA (outlook web access) rather than the BES.
    03-05-09 08:29 PM
    Or you can try astrasync

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 09:22 PM
    OP, is there an address you can use to access your email from a computer that is not on the network?

If so, then there is a good chance you can use the OWA (outlook web access) rather than the BES.
    Yep that is what i was tryng to say, you can add OWA in your BIS account, works, well.
    03-06-09 07:27 AM
    Yep that is what i was tryng to say, you can add OWA in your BIS account, works, well.
    I had used OWA to access my work email, but in a fit of rage, I removed that account (oops). When I try to add it back on, I continually get an error message saying the url is wrong (it isn't) and to check with my work email administrator. I can use my work's BES, but I don't want to, not to mention the increased cost/decreased features if i change my data plan. My IT dept tried using Microsoft Active Sync to just get my email to my bb, but that doesn't seem to be working either. Any suggestions?
    04-17-09 09:11 AM
    Active sync does not work. OWA POP or IMAP are the way to go. If they do not allow this then BES or forwarding rule will.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 09:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD