Just wondering, if the value or the Curve will stay the same or the release of the Bold will affect all the prices on BB's. Hopefully I will sell my Curve for a Bold if it arrives on T-Mobile /cry. Thoughts?
    07-31-08 07:30 PM
    Prolly $50. Then again they had them on specials for free many times.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-08 07:46 PM
    I would say it would stay the same price with specials running to $50. There is no reason to change the price of that device. The 8820 will drop because it will be discontinued. The javelin will replace the curve. when that happens expect the curve to drop.
    07-31-08 07:49 PM
    I would say it would stay the same price with specials running to $50. There is no reason to change the price of that device. The 8820 will drop because it will be discontinued. The javelin will replace the curve. when that happens expect the curve to drop.
    What would replace the 8820? Many employers don't allow cameras on their devices. Example would be people in a court house
    07-31-08 07:57 PM
    What would replace the 8820? Many employers don't allow cameras on their devices. Example would be people in a court house

i agree, i always thought the BOLD was replacing the curve

the 88xx series is ALL buisness, the bold isn't
    07-31-08 08:00 PM
    The camera-less berry may very well be a thing of the past. Courthouses already do not allow regular phones with cameras, a BB is no different. leave it in the car. For secure installations they usually do not allow BBs that are not on their BES. On the BES you can completely disable the camera.

The Bold is going to be marketed as the premier business device. The Javelin is the consumer device. That is the way that it will play out.
    07-31-08 08:01 PM
    I only paid 99 for my curve

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-08 08:03 PM
    the bold is replacing the 88xx series.

BES has the utility to deactivate the bold's camera and there is no way for the user to reactivate it. this is why RIM didnt bother to design a camera-free version... all of their largest clients were happy with their solution.
    07-31-08 08:29 PM
    Dang o well, time to chuck up some cash if the Bold comes
    07-31-08 09:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD