I just purchased a Sprint locked 8330 and am trying to unlock it.

I have read many forums and tutorials on trying to unlock it but am stuck at the part where I need to read from memory the SPC/MSL number

I am using CDMA tools and when I go to read a file and create the .bin file from memory i get a error:

Read error at address 0x1067ED90

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I seems to have worked in so many tutorials that I have seen that I am getting very frustrated.
    02-09-10 04:58 PM
    Here is an easy way to get it. Call Sprint CS tell them you need the MSL for the phone because you are developing some applications for it. It works, I've done it several times.
    02-09-10 06:33 PM
    I have 2 sprint 8330 bb's, one on boost(cdma),???? But I'm stuck as well , sprint wont give me the msl. Said I need the acct holders pin #...an that if its been off for too long they cant even provide it,,Boost actually gave me the msl code for my first 8330,like it was universal or default, but on the other one, (needing msl) Boost says if the dec # dont start with 278 they cant do anything with it. I have 2 codes..i have the code they said would work on 8330m,,serial starting with 278..and i have programming unlock code..both start with ##. when i enter the programming unlock code it gives message usage of programming lock has been exceeded..lol . but the msl works like a charm. Prob is the other phone doesnt start with 278....it dont have an 18 digit dec like the 8330m. It has an 11 digit DEC thats clean. Just dont know the msl ....yet ! I'll get the msl from previous owner an then ill be ok ,,just didnt wanna wait til tomorrow,I tried unicdma,wouldnt pick up the phone, think it was the os. not sure but .. Its burgandy..wanna buy it ? I also noticed ,my evdo stopped working about the time boost got bb's..i pay $50 a month for my boostberry cdma, but now my evdo has stopped an it just says 1x , sometimes . Other times its just a few bars..any ideas on why that would be?
    Thanks
    [email protected]
    02-23-10 03:14 AM
    Sprint dont like me, an I was even NICE !
    No pin # for the old acct,,no msl.
    If phone has been unactive for more than a few months,no msl.
    I think they're lying.
    Guy who sold me phone can get msl,as he upgraded an is in good standing, but ..
    Sprint dont like me.
    02-23-10 03:17 AM
    i can give you the msl code for that phone if you want, but you will have to give me the imei and the carrier name.
    03-27-10 01:27 PM
    Try ##196704 Send
    03-27-10 02:26 PM
    you have to make sure you are using the correct version of uniCDMA for the phone... as I understand it there are a couple of versions out there and some might not work on the 8330.
    And depending on the os you are currently running on the phone you may also need to downgrade it.
    You also need to make sure that you are using the correct com port as I think you have to change it for uniCDMA to correctly read from the phone

I used QPST 2.7 Build 215 and WinHex v15.2 to recover my spc code using the directions in this thread:http://forums.crackberry.com/f41/rea...v1-0-a-192999/

Although it talks about repairing your gps in the thread 3/4 of it is dedicated to retrieving your spc code... if you haven't read it before you might want to have a read.

Good luck
    03-27-10 07:39 PM
    yes, i have been to this situation as well...you try reading the memory for the SPC code right?

well trust me it doesn't have to be that complicated

try this blog mate...

ht*tp://unlockspccode.blogspot.com/

only need usb cable, MFI loader file and UNICDMA

no hoax no spam just free..
    Last edited by bustobass; 11-13-11 at 04:45 AM.
    11-13-11 04:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD