Hello, everyone. My Mom has a Curve with Verizon, she has input 9 personal e-mail addresss into the Curve. Now when she goes to click on the "E-mail settings" icon, she is getting- HTTP Error 406: Not Acceptable
    The page you are trying to load is not supported by the browser. Please try loading a different page. Any ides? Thank you.
    07-12-08 05:51 PM
    I would try the setting page from a PC computer. The error message means it is not correctly formatted for a mobile device.
    07-12-08 05:55 PM
    I would try the setting page from a PC computer. The error message means it is not correctly formatted for a mobile device.
    How would we do this? Thank you for your patience!!
    07-13-08 09:56 AM
    I assume there is a web site address, like http:\\xxxxx.xxx. If you can not use it from the Browser, try using a Windows computer instead.

Is this a normal part of setup with Verizon?
    07-13-08 10:01 AM
    I assume there is a web site address, like http:\\xxxxx.xxx. If you can not use it from the Browser, try using a Windows computer instead.

Is this a normal part of setup with Verizon?
    What is happened is she input her e-mail addresses on the phone. After that, when she clicks on the "E-mail Settings" icon on the phones menu, the error code comes up immediately-

"HTTP Error 406: Not Acceptable
    The page you are trying to load is not supported by the browser.

She doesn't get the Verizon logo, with the bar at the bottom telling her loading requesting, then after getting Blackberry Internet Service page with services, Settings, etc. like I have on mine. As soon as she clicks the icon on her phone the error message comes up. No website address. Any ideas? Thank you
    07-13-08 10:33 AM
    That is pretty clear, particularly if you have been able to complete the process on another phone.

I have never set up e-mail, so I will let somebody with direct experience help out.
    07-13-08 10:38 AM
    This is your carriers BIS site

First try going to options > advanced options > host routing tables, press menu
    and select register now. Try loading that page after you get the registration message.

If that fails log into your mothers account, check that the addresses are set up
    correctly and then resend your service books.
    07-13-08 10:52 AM
    This is your carriers BIS site

First try going to options > advanced options > host routing tables, press menu
    and select register now. Try loading that page after you get the registration message.

If that fails log into your mothers account, check that the addresses are set up
    correctly and then resend your service books.
    Thank you. My Mom just bought her Curve a month ago, and me just yesterday, so we are both Very Newbie.

I did have a side question, when I click on the link you provide it asks tells me in order to receive or send mail on my Blackberry device I must register/ create an account. The Verizon rep set up my AOL e-mail account when I bought the phone it it is working fine. I have both sent and received e-mail. I don't think he registered me to that website. What should I do? I havn't had a chance to install the Desktop Manager on my home PC. The phone is working perfectly right now, what do you suggest? Thanks again!!
    07-13-08 12:49 PM
    If the AOL account is the only one being pushed to your
    phone you can probably leave it be.

I would set up the account and enter the IMEI & PIN
    number so if you ever need to add an email account, or
    resend your service books, the account is in place.

Also, check with the VZW rep to see if this has not
    already been done.
    07-13-08 01:03 PM
    And when your mother set up all of those e-mails, did she do it on the BIS page. I know you "can" do it from the phone, but sometimes it's just better to delete them all and re-add them on your carriers BIS page.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-08 01:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD