I need help bad Any one online its super important! Today i Updated my phone with newest update had to call tech support got it updated no problems! Told my friend about it & she wanted hers updated so i followed the steps & updated her's on the first try her device errord out & said there was no connection after i plugged her device in to try again we got and error code that said 507 with a picture of a circle square & triangle crossed out! I need help ASAP her phones frozen help help help!
    Last edited by wendibird84; 11-17-08 at 12:56 AM.
    11-17-08 12:43 AM
    Please do not use a large font, makes it hard to read through what you have wrote.

Error 507 means there is no OS installed. Connect the device and install the OS.
    11-17-08 12:47 AM
    ok so how do install os the phones not even showing up when plugged in to the computer Sorry for the big font please more help is needed!
    11-17-08 12:58 AM
    11-17-08 01:06 AM
    Here are the instructions at the link :

How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem: When trying to re-install an operating system that constantly intializes, Desktop Manager will not recognize the device.

Solution: The following walkthough!

Thank you to Pentace for this excellent walkthough:

FYI this will work for any handheld that constantly initializes.. aka the hourglass of doom.

1. Install the desktop software.
    2. Install the handheld software. (If it is a non Vendor software.. exp. T-Mobile. search and delete the "vendor.xml" file.)
    3. Pull the battery out of your device.
    4. With the battery out connect the device to the computer.
    5. Go to Options and select "connection settings"
    6. Select USB PIN this may take a few moments since there is no battery in the device. you might even have to select detect device in some rare cases.
    7. Select the application loader icon.
    8. Select all software you want installed.
    9. Proceed to the end portion untill you see the "Finish" button.
    10. Very IMPORTANT. do not hit the finish button, instead select the ADVANCED button.
    11. Make sure both boxes are checked.
    12. Proceed until it asks you if you want to automatically back up and restore. Select DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY BACK UP MY HANDHELD.
    13. Once the process starts. take care not to bump out the cord and re-insert the battery. Again on some rare occasions you might have to wait until it finishes saying connect to insert the battery.

THIS MAY FAIL THE FIRST OR SECOND TIME DONT WORRY JUST KEEP TRYING.

If you do not get it by the 3rd time.. download the Blackberry java developers kit and install it. once installed find the javaloader.exe file and move it into the c:\ directory

Once it is under the c:\, go to start then run and type. cmd.exe

After the command prompt apears type in "c:\javaloader -usb wipe" to wipe the handheld

*The reason I have highlighted Step 13 is that this is very important to do BEFORE the DM tries to re-start your device because it WILL NOT re-intialize your device IF THE BATTERY IS NOT IN YOUR DEVICE.
    11-17-08 02:01 AM
    i have a blackberry 8830 from sprint and i took out the battery and im already waiting 30 min and it still didnt detect my phone plzz help tnx
    12-04-08 06:00 PM
    You would have been better off starting your own new thread.

So, what is on screen?
    What symbols (hourglass, number, static symbol) are on screen?
    What caused this?
    Did you pull the battery for a reason?
    What will it not 'detect' PC, network? Need a little help here.
    12-04-08 07:11 PM
    help i did the battery pull deleted vendor file. I'm right now waiting for my computer to detect the phone. its plugged in i heard the computer beep when i did. why isnt it connecting... Please help
    12-26-08 01:44 PM
    Do you have Desktop Manager installed?

What are you trying to do exactly?

Tell us and we can almost certainly help you.
    12-26-08 01:53 PM
    I can't get this to work. The instructions and what I see on DM are not the same.

In the AppLoader is it Add/Remove Software or Update Software. Either way I never see any Advanced options button.
    12-26-08 02:18 PM
    I cannot help either of you UNLESS you are clear and tell me what you are trying to do. Post that and advice will be forthcoming.
    12-26-08 02:29 PM
    I got a Error 507 when trying to run an update. Research then showed that 507 means OS not installed. Now I am trying to re-install the OS using the instructions above.

When I try to follow those instructions I do not see or get the same messages.

I have the following questions:

- When selecting AppLoader in DM do I then select Add Software or Update Software.

- I tried both and in either case I never saw anything for Advanced options.

- I continued with the process and it always says thay it fails to connect with the device.

I am not sure if this is enough info for you to help.
    12-26-08 02:40 PM
    I got a Error 507 when trying to run an update. Research then showed that 507 means OS not installed. Now I am trying to re-install the OS using the instructions above.

When I try to follow those instructions I do not see or get the same messages.

I have the following questions:

- When selecting AppLoader in DM do I then select Add Software or Update Software.

- I tried both and in either case I never saw anything for Advanced options.

- I continued with the process and it always says thay it fails to connect with the device.

I am not sure if this is enough info for you to help.
    Sure, now I know that you are tring to install an OS on your phone, I can help.

To upgrade your OS you should get 3 things downloaded and installed.
    Desktop Manager. Get v4.6 with no media manager from here https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
    CrackMem from the link in my signature. Please then read the Help file. It will really help you.
    The OS that you are searching for.
    To find the OS, look in http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/

Do the above as a start and then come back here if you need anything else.
    12-26-08 02:57 PM
    Got it working. Using 4.6 I was able to follow the earlier direction and that worked.

The big issue now is that I do not have Browser on there. Any ideas.
    12-26-08 04:26 PM
    send service books from your BIS page
    12-26-08 04:31 PM
    Got it working. Using 4.6 I was able to follow the earlier direction and that worked.

The big issue now is that I do not have Browser on there. Any ideas.
    Easy, turn on the radio in Manage Connections. Now send your Service Books and that will re-instate the Browser http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/serv...ks-how-115031/.
    12-26-08 04:35 PM
    Someone please help me i am also getting error 507 i know i have to reinstall the os but it wont connect? how can i get it to connect
    12-28-08 09:56 PM
    Instructions from Pinstack:

How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Problem: When trying to re-install an operating system that constantly intializes, Desktop Manager will not recognize the device.Solution: The following walkthough! Thank you to Pentace for this excellent walkthough:FYI this will work for any handheld that constantly initializes.. aka the hourglass of doom.1. Install the desktop software.2. Install the handheld software. (If it is a non Vendor software.. exp. T-Mobile. search and delete the "vendor.xml" file.)3. Pull the battery out of your device.4. With the battery out connect the device to the computer.5. Go to Options and select "connection settings"6. Select USB PIN this may take a few moments since there is no battery in the device. you might even have to select detect device in some rare cases.7. Select the application loader icon.8. Select all software you want installed.9. Proceed to the end portion untill you see the "Finish" button.10. Very IMPORTANT. do not hit the finish button, instead select the ADVANCED button.11. Make sure both boxes are checked.12. Proceed until it asks you if you want to automatically back up and restore. Select DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY BACK UP MY HANDHELD.13. Once the process starts. take care not to bump out the cord and re-insert the battery. Again on some rare occasions you might have to wait until it finishes saying connect to insert the battery.THIS MAY FAIL THE FIRST OR SECOND TIME DONT WORRY JUST KEEP TRYING.If you do not get it by the 3rd time.. download the Blackberry java developers kit and install it. once installed find the javaloader.exe file and move it into the c:\ directoryOnce it is under the c:\, go to start then run and type. cmd.exeAfter the command prompt apears type in "c:\javaloader -usb wipe" to wipe the handheld *The reason I have highlighted Step 13 is that this is very important to do BEFORE the DM tries to re-start your device because it WILL NOT re-intialize your device IF THE BATTERY IS NOT IN YOUR DEVICE

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-08 10:06 PM
    but im not getting the hourglass of doom my computer wont recognize the blackberry at all!
    12-28-08 10:15 PM
    hello all, i wiped my curve 8320, did the suggested steps above with dm 4.6, but for step 10, i do not get the "advanced" button.. i'm lost as i have my curve that i was very much anticipating its arrival, but now im stuck with a error507 phone and my old school 8700g... lol any help would be great..
    12-30-08 09:28 PM
    I bought a blackberry 8310, right out of the box, installed the the DM amn connected it to update it, right away it rebooted and entenred an endless boot cycle. the blackberry would reboot show a time clock then en error 507, then reboot and on and on......
    for 5 days i tryed every solution there is on every forum in the net and nothing worked, tryed jc commander, javaloader -wipe , the solution they give with the javaloader / nojvm, erased the vendor file, with the apploader solution when you hit next when the box sais USB-PIN:NONE, the 101 how to reload a nuked blackberry, tryed apploader with battery 50 times, without battery 50 times..... , installed al the os for the 8310 that exist out there and all the DM, nothing worked ���
    the problem was that the reboot cycle was too short, every 3-5 seconds, and when i used the apploader it went ok until the moment it went to initialization fase then it would begin restarting and put an error messege.
    because the reboots were so fast wipe was out of the question so i could not wipe the blackberry because it never conected long enough to wipe.
    i was desperate and gave it a last try:
    installed DM 5.0 , installed OS 8310-v4.2.2.194_P2.5.0.44, took the battery out of the blackberry ,went into apploader deleted the vendor file, run the apploader applic, it recognized the blackberry pin, hit next, again next to begin the process. and then i inserted the battey back right when the initializing device process begun and ..... yuppii this time
    it got past the initializing fase and finished the os instalation,

i hope this helps those cases like me, i was a second from throwing the phone to the garbage.
    07-26-09 09:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD