I am getting an error when I try to backup my phone.
    its saying "Error Backing up Databases" when it gets to Browser Data Cache

I'm using DM v.4.5

anyone know what this could be?
    I've never once had a problem backing up my phone before so this is kind of odd to me.

Edit: Okay So I got it to backup everything but Browser Data Cache. But why wouldn't it backup if it did it before?
    Last edited by SimeonAS89; 07-11-08 at 02:11 AM.
    07-11-08 01:43 AM
    Did you recently change anything? Software, settings, etc? It's hard to help when we don't know what's going on.
    07-11-08 02:12 AM
    i did just install .52 onto my computer. im going to be upgrading from .44
    but thats about all the changes i've made since june when i left for vacation.
    07-11-08 02:21 AM
    It's probably just a conflict between the software on your computer and the one on your BB. I'd be surprised if it didn't go away after you upgrade.
    07-11-08 02:23 AM
    so then should i just got ahead with the upgrade?
    i backed everything but that (Browser data cache) up
    07-11-08 02:24 AM
    1. Do a sync. This will save your personal data.
    2. Do a battery pull, just for fun

One (which one?) of the databases is corrupt. This why it is not backing up. The problem is to identify the bad database.

Open Desktop Manager and try to Backup again. Select Advanced from the Desktop Manager 4.5 Backup/Restore screen and you will see a list of databases. It may be possible to see if any of them are corrupt by the size of their contents.

If this does not work for you, download this Free download ABC Amber BlackBerry Convertor, parse, convert, backup and archive IPD files to CHM, PDF, HTML, Word, Access, Excel, CSV, IPD Extractor which is a free BlackBerry backup database viewer.
    07-11-08 02:28 AM
    I don't see why not.

Browser Data Cache is not really important anyway. It's just the junk that the browser stores so that sites you've already visited load faster, like the Temp files on a PC. At worst you'd have to resave some bookmarks, if you have any.
    07-11-08 02:29 AM
    1. Do a sync. This will save your personal data.
    2. Do a battery pull, just for fun

One (which one?) of the databases is corrupt. This why it is not backing up. The problem is to identify the bad database.

Open Desktop Manager and try to Backup again. Select Advanced from the Desktop Manager 4.5 Backup/Restore screen and you will see a list of databases. It may be possible to see if any of them are corrupt by the size of their contents.

If this does not work for you, download this Free download ABC Amber BlackBerry Convertor, parse, convert, backup and archive IPD files to CHM, PDF, HTML, Word, Access, Excel, CSV, IPD Extractor which is a free BlackBerry backup database viewer.
    I did this and I still get the same error saying "Error Backing up databases" and it stops on the "Browser Data Cache."
    I doubt it means anything, But I'd like to know nothing will happen to my berry while doing the update to .52.
    I did backup what I was able to which is everything but "Browser Data Cache"

I don't see why not.

Browser Data Cache is not really important anyway. It's just the junk that the browser stores so that sites you've already visited load faster, like the Temp files on a PC. At worst you'd have to resave some bookmarks, if you have any.
    meh, not too many, just yellowpages, etc.
    07-11-08 02:50 AM
    Oookkkk
    so here's a quick little update:

I went ahead and did the upgrade to OS .52, everything is running smooth, all my data is back on the phone.

But I've run into a little bit of an issue.
    I can't connect to the Internet, period. My weather app won't detect the settings on my phone. I put the APN in correctly, but still a no go.

I have a DATA PLAN, and I also have the wifi connection enabled as well thinking maybe that would help but it didn't, so I turned it off, but still a no go.

Any Ideas?
    07-11-08 11:43 AM
    I haad this same issue I resent the service books and did a battery pull after this about 20 mins later i was online.
    07-11-08 12:36 PM
    how would i go about resending the service books?
    I've never had to do it before...
    07-11-08 12:52 PM
    how would i go about resending the service books?
    I've never had to do it before...
    go into my.tmobile.com and scroll to the bottom of the page. click on "set up my blackberry email"
    07-11-08 01:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD