I have an 8320 curve on tmobile, I've had it for about a year and a half, I've taken good care of it, dropped it minimally and it's treated me well.

But somewhere along the road my blackberry charger chord got torn so I substituted it for an old razor charge that has the same connection.

Then the problems started here's the list:

Won't receive emails or facebook message or connect to the web
    Won't hold a charge longer than two hours (from full charge)
    Will have a white screen that says a failure message and forces me to press a link that says reset
    And now is completely dead and won't turn on or charge.

I think I know that I must have fried the battery but has anyone else had this problem? Am I going to have to replace the entire phone or just the battery? T_T
    09-29-09 06:28 PM
    Most likely your Curve is fried. There are numerous accounts of where people fried their Curves because they didn't use the right charger.
    Last edited by jtran91; 09-29-09 at 07:45 PM.
    09-29-09 06:31 PM
    So I need a new phone? Blast!
    09-29-09 06:32 PM
    Borrow a battery and see if that would work first
    09-29-09 06:34 PM
    charge the battery.

go to your carriers BIS site and resend your service books. go to options > advanced > Host Routing Table > menu key > register now.

u may want to try another battery, and a true BlackBerry charger.... tho, unlike jtran91, i have never heard of anyone having any problems with non bb chargers.
    Last edited by chelseytx; 09-29-09 at 07:15 PM.
    09-29-09 07:12 PM
    Unless the charger was defective, it didn't hurt your battery. Your battery is just used up. 18 months is a reasonable life. Get a new one and you should be fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-09 07:32 PM
    Unless the charger was defective, it didn't hurt your battery. Your battery is just used up. 18 months is a reasonable life. Get a new one and you should be fine.

thats what i was thinking Jeff, thanks!
    09-29-09 07:47 PM
    +1 for using a non RIM charger, I use both a Motorola and a RIM charger, no problems whatsoever....
    09-29-09 11:50 PM
    I have many chargers that work with the BB's, so there wouldnt be a problem at all with using these with a new BB?

I tend to scatter my chargers around the house so I always have a close charging spot for my phone.

Also, can I use an 8100 battery in an 8320? If I keep my 8100 battery can those by swapped and still work?
    09-30-09 12:15 AM
    If the batteries LOOK the same they MAY work. Not sure if those phones use the same batt. And correct about the chargers. As long as its a mini usb (not the new micro) it should work.

09-30-09 12:25 AM
    After following Chelsy's advice to register, do the following to send service books:

Send Service Books: Click your internet email icon (the envelope with a gear in front of it)> scroll down and the help tab in the window that opens>. Then click send service books in the next window, or log onto your provider's website and send them from there.

Last edited by exelant; 09-30-09 at 12:29 AM.
    09-30-09 12:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD