My kids loaned my old blackberry curve to a friend, who changed my enterprise password. He returned the phone but forgot the password he set up. I'm on my final attempt. What will happen if I do not get it right? How can I get it unlocked?
    09-24-11 12:49 PM
    If you enter the password incorrectly on the last attempt the device will be wiped clean as if it was a new device. All data will be lost. If you are connected to an enterprise server (BES) contact your BES Admin, the password can be reset from the BES, and you will receive a pop up on the device ( via your wireless network)asking you to change it to the temporary password your administrator has given you. Once you are in you can then change it to your own password.
    09-24-11 01:18 PM
    So, my daughter want's to use the black berry and if I don't care about losing the data that was on there, then we're okay. Correct?
    09-25-11 06:11 AM
    Basically yes if your ok with a clean wipe handheld. It basically wipes clean all the user settings back to basics. You can then use the setup wizard to begin again. I take it you don't use it on the enterprise server anymore and intend to use it on an internet service for personal use?
    09-25-11 01:58 PM
    That is correct. My daughter got her first job and wants to pay for a data plan. She is not due for an upgrade, so she wanted to use my old blackberry. Thanks for your help.
    09-25-11 05:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD