The company where I work has multiple lines. If I add them as a contact, is it possible to enter a range of numbers or use a wilcard for the range (like 555-55**)?

I highly doubt this can be done but thought I'd ask.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-08 12:20 AM
    yea i want to know the same thing.

I have about 1000 extensions. And with my Treo I could use abbreviated dialing where all I dial is the 4 digit extension, and the phone would put in the exchange ( the first 3 digits of the phone #) for me, so when someone said "call 7489" that's all I had to dial and the Treo would do the rest. I havent seen an option for abbreviated dialing...... however I have seen something in the phone options for SMART DIALING.... is that the same thing? And if so, how to set it up properly????????
    10-15-08 01:30 AM
    It would appear that Smart Dialing will do what you want. I haven't used it, because my employer doesn't use extensions. Here are the instructions from the 8830 User Guide. I suspect the instructions for the 8330 are identical. If you haven't done so, you should download it for yourself.

About smart dialing
    You can specify default country and area codes so that any numbers that are specified as links, or any numbers in your address book that do not contain these codes, are dialed correctly.
    If you call an organization frequently, you can also set your smart-dialing options so that you do not have to type the main number for the organization.
    Set the default country code and area code
    1. In the phone, press the Menu key.
    2. Click Options.
    3. Click Smart Dialing.
    4. Set the Country Code and Area Code fields.
    5. In the National Number Length field, set the default length for phone numbers in your country.
    6. Press the Menu key.
    7. Click Save.
    Note: When you calculate the default length for phone numbers, include your area code and local number, but do not include your country
    code or the National Direct Dialing prefix.
    Set options for dialing extensions
    1. In the phone, press the Menu key.
    2. Click Options.
    3. Click Smart Dialing.
    4. In the Number field, type the main phone number for an organization.
    5. Set how long the BlackBerry� device waits before dialing an extension.
    6. In the Extension Length field, set the default length for extensions.
    7. Press the Menu key.
    8. Click Save.
    10-15-08 09:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD