okay now what the **** do i do??? i incorrectly enterd my password into my curve 3x (i know it was correct but phone didnt except) and then and the 3rd strike my phone said wipeing and now its does nothing but give me a jvm error
    01-17-10 10:41 AM
    Try to reinstall your OS, (operating system).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-10 10:45 AM
    Yep. Reinstall your OS and then restore your data from a backup on your computer.

If you don't have a backup, then you will have to start over with your data.
    01-17-10 10:55 AM
    Your story lacks credibility.

If you actualy owned the device, you would have 10 or more tries, including typing "BlackBerry" on the 7 try. When you do exceed the limit, it will return to it's original condition.

Three tries followed by a JVM 513 error mean you have tripped the security in a BES device. There is no way to rebuild it without knowing the password.
    01-17-10 10:56 AM
    Your story lacks credibility.

If you actualy owned the device, you would have 10 or more tries, including typing "BlackBerry" on the 7 try. When you do exceed the limit, it will return to it's original condition.

Three tries followed by a JVM 513 error mean you have tripped the security in a BES device. There is no way to rebuild it without knowing the password.
    dude yes i did excuse me for being to frusterated to bother telling YOU the whole e'fn story BRO! but i DID enter black berry and once i did it asked for my password again and the reason i know i typed it correctly is because on that try it didnt put the password in asterisk!! ...i know my effin password and now that i have a cramp from typing all this to satisfy YOU....would you be so kind as to actually HELP

now i went to sprint.com/downloads like sprint said to do (oh yeah i do have it backed up on my computer) and download the OS but once it finishes downloading to my comp it closes im not sure how to get it to my phone
    01-17-10 11:02 AM
    and i have actuall no clue just how many times i entered the password because i was drinking and playing texas holdem with friends so i didnt pay attention......of course when it said wipeing that woke me right up lol
    01-17-10 11:05 AM
    and i have actuall no clue just how many times i entered the password because i was drinking and playing texas holdem with friends so i didnt pay attention......of course when it said wipeing that woke me right up lol
    LOL, now we are talking a credible story.

If the error message is JVM 507, it will be simple to rebuild the device.

now i went to sprint.com/downloads like sprint said to do (oh yeah i do have it backed up on my computer) and download the OS but once it finishes downloading to my comp it closes im not sure how to get it to my phone
    Downloading is the first step. Find the file and execute it, that will install the software on your computer.

You will need both BlackBerry Desktop Manager and a copy of your device OS software. Once these are installed, you will use Applications Loader to rebuild your BlackBerry.

Check Windows Control Panel to be sure both have been installed correctly.

01-17-10 11:28 AM
    lol thanx man i'll give that a shot
    01-17-10 11:46 AM
    WHEW!!! well i gotta admit that was pretty darn scary lol....though now that iv experianced it i must say it feels kinda cool to have "rebuilt" everthing LOL.......im still a noob and still amazed every day how much these things a more than just phones LOL.....im hooked!

THANKS for the help REED
    01-17-10 12:16 PM
    UH oh...it would appear i no longer have a web browser.........
    01-17-10 12:23 PM
    You have to reregister the device. Do this.
    Options>advanced options> host routing tables>menu > register now.
    You'll probably need to resend you service books also. I don't know if you can do it from your device or not. Some can and some can't.
    Try this.
    Set up> email settings>menu > send service books.
    If your phone doesn't have that option, then you can resend them from your carriers website.

01-17-10 12:44 PM
    You have to reregister the device. Do this.
    Options>advanced options> host routing tables>menu > register now.
    You'll probably need to resend you service books also. I don't know if you can do it from your device or not. Some can and some can't.
    Try this.
    Set up> email settings>menu > send service books.
    If your phone doesn't have that option, then you can resend them from your carriers website.

yeah im a little clmer than i was thismorning lol so i took the time to search the forum for the answer to this one and found exactly what you just said on another thread! thank you for the help
    01-17-10 12:52 PM
    Yeah, next time you should start with all the facts. It will go great lengths toward people being able to help you the first time.

You probably should also be mindful of popping off to forum moderators .... especially if you are looking .... no .... begging for help.
    01-17-10 01:06 PM
    Yeah, next time you should start with all the facts. It will go great lengths toward people being able to help you the first time.

You probably should also be mindful of popping off to forum moderators .... especially if you are looking .... no .... begging for help.
    LMAO!!!! i know right! i typed it all out hit send then check the name.."ahhh crap its a MOD" LOL
    01-17-10 01:19 PM
    One note in this episode: It is possible to set the number of password attempts before the Blackberry wipes it itself. Under Options/Security Options/General Settings you CAN set anywhere from 3-10 tries. Must admit that even without the aid of Texas Holdem and alcohol, I have managed to wipe my Blackberry by playing with the settings to see what they do (and forgetting my password). For some reason in my case, the phone set back up (without my contacts and emails -- but did not have to reload software at least). Re-registering on BB network got things going again, including bringing back the browser icon (I guess it is some form of sending service books on my Sprint BB.)
    01-17-10 02:17 PM
    One note in this episode: It is possible to set the number of password attempts before the Blackberry wipes it itself. Under Options/Security Options/General Settings you CAN set anywhere from 3-10 tries. Must admit that even without the aid of Texas Holdem and alcohol, I have managed to wipe my Blackberry by playing with the settings to see what they do (and forgetting my password). For some reason in my case, the phone set back up (without my contacts and emails -- but did not have to reload software at least). Re-registering on BB network got things going again, including bringing back the browser icon (I guess it is some form of sending service books on my Sprint BB.)
    you know what...i just spent all morning getting it back working.....now i left the phone alone while i was DL the the program to use 8330 as a modem...ok so just now i picked the phone back up and went to unlock it and it instantly said password attempt 8/10 type blackberry to continue
    i typed blackberry and now it says to enter password well i did and it wasnt in asteriks again now im on my 10th attempt yet i onl entered the password twice!!!!!!!! so now i guess its gonna wipe and i gott start ALL over again not happy with this i just want to be able to lock my phone and unlock it......have other people had this problem?

honestly i didnt enter it 8 times for sure
    01-17-10 02:24 PM
    ok wow.....on my final attempt just for the **** of it (my password is 2424) insted of hitting alt to get the numbers i just typed in ESES..........and it EF'n worked!!!??
    i really dont get it.......i have a headache!! gonna put the damn thing down and go watch the vikings lol
    01-17-10 02:30 PM
    Doh! .....
    01-17-10 02:56 PM
    Wow!!! Very funny!
    01-17-10 03:18 PM
    yeah i dont know what the deal is lol but when i use the sprint smartview program and plug in to the laptop it prompts me for a password and on the computer my password only works when i type E S E S when it should be 2 4 2 4
    apearently from now on my SMARTassPHONE is gonna decied when it wants numbers or letters lol
    01-17-10 07:39 PM
    passwords scare me.....
    01-17-10 10:09 PM
    The exact thing happened to me when I first got my phone... entered password and it was denied. There is NO WAY I got the pass word wrong... my pass word was letters and the space bar, no numbers. Stupid smart phone is no very smart!

I now do regular backups... still afraid to pass word protect my phone though!
    01-17-10 10:21 PM
    The only thing I can think of is that maybe.. maybe.. a double click of the ALT key upon entering password? Or maybe ALT and RT Shift Key will CAP LOCK, ALT LFT Shift Key will NUM LOCK. I don't know how many times I think I have it on number lock and find out, I'm typing letters.
    Last edited by Kepeli; 01-17-10 at 10:53 PM.
    01-17-10 10:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD