Hi!

I'm just wondering how I can get emoticons when I am in SMS text. I can get them using the BB messenger. Help?

Thanks!
    12-31-08 07:55 PM
    I purchased a 3rd party software called "Berricons," and I have loved it! It incorporates into every menu so you have access to it in email, mms, sms, etc.
    12-31-08 08:00 PM
    How do I go about doing that? I love using them in my Messenger messages and think it would be great to use them in SMS too.
    12-31-08 08:01 PM
    I'd love to know also..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-08 08:03 PM
    Berricons, handango.com = $6.99
    12-31-08 08:25 PM
    Berricons sends text only in SMS - it does not send the graphical smilies.

:) ;-) :o

On your screen you see the graphics, but the person on the receiving end only sees the text rendition.
    12-31-08 08:40 PM
    Is there a free version?

12-31-08 08:40 PM
    I definitely want there to be emoticons on both sides - mine and theirs. Any other suggestions?
    12-31-08 08:52 PM
    When I send my girlfriend a text using a text emoticon, like : P without the space, she has a phone that automatically puts a graphic to the text, so it would show the little tounge enoticon, so if you have the Berricons program on your end, and they have a phone that automatically creates the icon, it sorta works then.

12-31-08 11:54 PM
    Berricons sends text only in SMS - it does not send the graphical smilies.

;-)

On your screen you see the graphics, but the person on the receiving end only sees the text rendition.
    How would your phone have anything to do with what somebody else could see as far as emoticons? I've sent them to my wife's phone (regular LG) and if I put in it shows the actual smiley face on her side.
    01-04-09 03:34 AM
    I depends on the OS your phone is using, as well as the program you are sending the Berricons to. For instance, if I use my Berricons while sending a BB Messenger message, the recipient of course will see the actual graphic. But in all other BB programs such as email, sms. mms, etc, they will only see the text version. Regardless, Berricons offers a lot of choices, and it is so easy to use.

WM version phones and Treo phones can see the graphics. My wish? That eventually the BB would recognize and display the graphic version in all cases... maybe that's being planned for 4.7 OS?
    01-04-09 08:45 AM
    Yep, it depends on the recipient phone.

You can send a text smile without Berricons in SMS and a Sony Ericsson will display a graphic.

SMS cannot send graphics, so there's no way to transmit a true smile.

However, I suspect MMS may be a different story. I have no idea though, I have never tried MMS.

01-04-09 09:12 AM
    Both phones would need software to concert text smiley to graphic smiley. I know my old treo 700p had this capability

01-04-09 07:39 PM
    I depends on the OS your phone is using, as well as the program you are sending the Berricons to. For instance, if I use my Berricons while sending a BB Messenger message, the recipient of course will see the actual graphic. But in all other BB programs such as email, sms. mms, etc, they will only see the text version. Regardless, Berricons offers a lot of choices, and it is so easy to use.

WM version phones and Treo phones can see the graphics. My wish? That eventually the BB would recognize and display the graphic version in all cases... maybe that's being planned for 4.7 OS?
    well that kinda sucks if you buy the berricons and they don't show up on the other end then what good are they.
    01-04-09 08:47 PM
    How do I send emotion vis text.. Ex:Spades, hearts, cancer sign .. Ect.. Berricon didn't wk for my phone!
    10-06-09 01:45 PM
    Empower's SMSViewer app has emoticons built in plus threaded texting...great buy. Shows up as text on my end but the actual emoticon on the recipient's end (IF their phone is set to show them that way).
    10-07-09 08:43 AM
    Can Someone help me decode this text message please.

Want m%�@$Q?���'S�Q?���S�#�%�3
    03-05-10 05:49 AM
    Has anyone tried Fancy Characters? It's a program that taps into all the hidden characters on the BB.

And I read last night that version 2.0 is out now. A few restrictions on CDMA carriers where it might not work on SMS but still work on BBM & email?

Sorry changed my account name & can't post a proper link but it is in the crackberry/mobihand store.

Edit: There's a post about it in 3rd party software sub-forum.
    But has anyone tried it?
    Last edited by ItsGeekster; 03-05-10 at 07:01 AM.
    03-05-10 06:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD