I have OS 4.5.0.55 and as far as to my knowledge about blackberry if you have OS 4.5 then you will get your emails in HTML..but in my case if i goto Emails-Option-Email Settings.. there is no such option to select the emails as HTML as discussed in the forum.

For the time being i have downloaded and installed BB Smart View app trial version and now i am getting my emails in HTML..

Why can't i have emails in HTML view when i have OS 4.5...........? HELP
    04-28-09 12:47 PM
    I was having the same problem, then did a search on here-found out I needed to resend my service books---Everything works now! Good Luck!
    04-28-09 08:59 PM
    Yep service books sent from the BIS, will usually fix this
    04-28-09 09:02 PM
    I have the same problem. I used to get HTML emails but had a problem with my curve and VZW sent me a replacement. I went through all of the steps to get it set back up. It has the newest software 4.5.0.77 but since I have had this phone I have never been able to receive HTML emails. I just resent the service books and re-registered the host routing table and still nothing. I also checked to make sure that HTML said YES under options from within the email program. Can someone please help? Thanks so much!
    04-30-09 10:56 AM
    Same problem here just got a replacement Curve from Verizon with 4.5.077. I don't even get the get images option in the menu when viewing an email. The HTML option is checked in the options and I have resent my service books as well???????

I have the same problem. I used to get HTML emails but had a problem with my curve and VZW sent me a replacement. I went through all of the steps to get it set back up. It has the newest software 4.5.0.77 but since I have had this phone I have never been able to receive HTML emails. I just resent the service books and re-registered the host routing table and still nothing. I also checked to make sure that HTML said YES under options from within the email program. Can someone please help? Thanks so much!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-09 09:50 AM
    I have the same problem with my replacement. Have re-sent service books a couple time, registered host routing tables, battery pulls and nothing works. The option in the options in email to "get images" is not there. Hopefully someone can help out with this. Sucks getting all these emails with tons of links and not images.
    05-07-09 03:39 PM
    Ok, so it looks like I'm not the only one in the club. Could it have something to do with us all having replacements from verizon? I mean it was a new phone and has the same OS my old one had......

Going to dig deeper...
    05-08-09 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD