Anyone else experience emails disappearing from the BB inbox when low memory is NOT a factor? My free memory is always very high (currently 35,567,227) yet I seem to lose emails a lot from my box. Running v4.5.0.89. BIS.

Sometimes it even happens while I have the email actually open. For example, was viewing an email yesterday and I sent the BB into sleep mode and set it down with the email still open. When I woke it up again about 2 hours later, the open email was still on my screen. When I hit the back button to take me back to the inbox, the email - as well as about 2 others - were no longer there.

This just happened to be again today

I holster my BB - sending it to standby mode with the magnet - many times throughout the day.. Perhaps some sort of conflict with standby mode..?

Any help is appreciated.
    01-22-09 01:40 PM
    Have you done a battery pull, or reset of your BB? That may be all that is required to cure this problem you are having.

Also, get in the habit of making regular backups of your BB with DM. If all else fails, you will have the backup files to fall back on.
    01-22-09 01:49 PM
    Have you done a battery pull, or reset of your BB? That may be all that is required to cure this problem you are having.

Also, get in the habit of making regular backups of your BB with DM. If all else fails, you will have the backup files to fall back on.

My last battery pull was about a week ago and I've had the problem since then, but I'm trying another pull right now to see if this clears up. Hopefully I can duplicate the problem in order to figure out what event (or series of events) is the cause.

Actually I really hope it just goes away C'mon magic battery pull...
    01-22-09 01:59 PM
    Since the problem started since the last battery pull, I suspect it will cure your ills this time (fingers crossed).
    01-22-09 02:05 PM
    Since the problem started since the last battery pull, I suspect it will cure your ills this time (fingers crossed).
    Thanks for the well wishes. I didn't word my last post well though. I was trying to state that the last time I made a pull was a week ago, but the problem has been around even longer than that.

I've also got my fingers crossed that it fixes itself though
    01-22-09 02:13 PM
    There is a section in your e-mail settings that gives you an option on how long to save your e-mails. You can have it set from anywhere from a day to forever. That may have got changed somehow. Might want to check that too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-09 02:31 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion TearBear. I had not yet checked into that setting, but it is set to Keep Messages: 15 Days. The emails that I've noticed disappear are always well under this limit.
    01-22-09 02:42 PM
    Sigh - well another 2 emails which I received less than an hour ago which were in my inbox have just disappeared.

Anyone else have any ideas? Frustrating to say the least.. Even more odd is the fact that some text messages from a few days ago haven't disappeared. Just the emails...
    01-22-09 03:02 PM
    I just had this problem too. I am on BES. When I did a battery pull for a reset, I lost the oldest 4 of my 16 messages in my inbox (they were a week old). When I did a sync with Desktop Manager, I lost even more. Messages are set to stay on the handheld for 6 months.

I used to use my Treo as an extension of my desktop as I keep my inbox as a pending to-do list. Since BBs don't sync but rather reconcile, I can no longer replicate my inbox on my BB. I am looking at a new way to work but am also evaluating IMAP BB clients that may help.
    01-30-09 11:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD