I want to see if anyone knows how to check your emails faster..... I send an email to my Berry and it takes up to 10 min to get to the phone..... is there a way to manually check your mail or are we at the mercy of the berry to check itself?? if anyone has any info on this i would like to find out....

Also, what does it mean to reconcile messages.... is this the option that i am looking for??
    03-14-09 12:24 PM
    ???...... anyone know about this?.....
    03-14-09 12:32 PM
    Mine usually come across before hitting my outlook.. Ill send one to myself with an OTA and its almost instant, then hit my outlook like 2 mins later.. that is if, there is no issues with push that day.

Ive never used the reconcile messages choice, I *think* perhaps its a BES thing, I have no idea, makes sense to be a BES thing, or though, could also be used when syncing, Im just talking to talk here LOL I really dont know.
    03-14-09 12:34 PM
    BES?? I am unfamiliar with this..... it takes at the most 10 min... i am an unpatient guy.... i have to get my information NOW if you know what i mean......
    03-14-09 12:36 PM
    for corporate or business's
    03-14-09 12:37 PM
    There's no way to manually check the emails for BIS.

Here's how it works.

GMail, Yahoo mail, AOL, and a handful of others (including the blackberry.net email) are nearly instantly pushed to the phone.

For other POP mail, the BB server checks for new messages every 15 minutes. If it finds new messages, those are pushed to the device. Then in 2 minutes, it checks again for new messages. If it finds new messages, those are pushed to the device. If not, then it reverts back to 15 minutes.
    03-14-09 12:38 PM
    darn... no manual check.... where is this device from.... the stone age?? oh well i guess.... maybe in the next OS upgrade.... prob no though.....
    03-14-09 12:47 PM
    Don't hold your breath. It's not about the OS. It's about the RIM servers.
    03-14-09 01:22 PM
    If you use a good IMAP server then emails are instant also (I.e. If it supports IMAP IDLE).

One such example that works flawlessly is Cyrus. But this means you have to already be running your own mail server.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-09 01:26 PM
    03-14-09 02:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD