[QUOTE= delete the device message database in the advanced backup in DM.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks Wibly.... Could you just explain how to do that as Im not sure myself. Where do i delete it?
    08-17-08 01:02 PM
    Hi did you ever get this resolved? I have the same thing after returning from Italy with my unlocked 9530. I think it may be vodafone.it not releasing my pin yet and i can't speak italian so the web site is no use to me.
    09-09-09 03:39 PM
    Hi, I have exactly the same problem, almost identical details. I have isolated the issue to something with GMAIL. I added a hotmail account via BIS and the incoming messages were not duplicated. I have tried all the advice above and I am almost ready to give up.

Did anyone work this out?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    10-06-09 09:06 AM
    I know this will be of no help, but I haven't had a single problem with Gmail and I've had it attached to my BB for nearly two years now.

Sounds like something I'd wipe my BB to try and get rid of, though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-09 09:32 AM
    That sucks...I am looking for the same help. I never moved though. My gmail worked fine but after a few os upgrades changed to this behavior... I don't really know what caused it but I'll find a fix eventually. I love the wipe phone comments...its like saying I should reload windows because I'm having trouble using outlook

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-09 01:01 PM
    i've figured out this issue...well at least on my end. The problem was caused because the same email account had been created on two different providers in different countries because the person moved from country A to B. So thats why the email from account from the old country can only receive but not send and the new one can function like normal hence the two duplicate emails. i sorted it by changing the password on the email site (ie gmail or hotmail) and then updating this new password on the current provider's email setup site. So only one is active now!
    01-13-10 09:04 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD