I've read alot of the threads out there on this issue and just spent some time with the folks at Verizon on it, but wanted to see if anyone had anyother suggestions. Here is my info:

File Free: 48136446
    Version 4.3.0.127 Platform 3.1.0.72

I'm using BIS for my work email, it is a POP3 via freeyellow.com.

I've deleted the sample video, verified my account on the BIS web site, and also resent my service books.

Any help would be appreciated, it's very frustrating losing emails on the BB.
    08-28-08 11:03 PM
    Could you describe the manner in which you see the emails disappearing?
    08-28-08 11:06 PM
    I go to my folder for my work email and older messages are gone, I just got the device yesterday and have it set up to maintain the emails for 30 days.
    08-28-08 11:09 PM
    Are you syncing your BB at all on a computer? Are you checking your email on a computer as well? Perhaps it is cause you are checking your email on your computer...
    08-28-08 11:13 PM
    I've synced it with the computer once. I have had Outlook open when some of them have disappeard. I was curious if that was what was causing it.

If that is the case, is there anyway to keep emails on the BB even if Outlook is open and downloads the messages?
    08-28-08 11:17 PM
    Do you have any 3rd party software or themes? Mine did that with emails and sms...
    08-29-08 01:53 AM
    Newbie, first post and first BB! Love the site and all the great information!

I did the same thing. I was not able to read my email from by BB all day. I know I looked at the screen at least once and noticed I had 24 new emails. I synced right before I went home. I was planning on reading all my emails at home when I noticed I only had 3 emails.

I thought the syc only pushed the contact/tasks/updated info. Why would it push the emails too. Outlook would already have the emails so why would it sync those as well?

Thanks for any insight!
    08-29-08 03:35 AM
    No third party apps on the device.

ETA: I've also changed the advance settings in my Outlook to save messages on the server for 10 days and followed the instructions on editing the account according to Blackberry Forum, see if any of that helps.
    Last edited by kajun1c4; 08-29-08 at 09:45 AM.
    08-29-08 07:51 AM
    My BB is set to hide filed messages, maybe yours is doing the same? They are still there but they are only visible if I navigate to the folder (Menu > View Folder)

If this is the case, you can turn it off by going to General Options (Menu > Options > General Options). In General Options you can choose Yes/No for Hide Filed Messages. If you choose No it will show you all the e-mails when you open the e-mail. If you choose Yes then you can only get to the e-mails by navigating to the folder. Hope this helps
    08-29-08 10:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD