Why do all of my emails on my curve also appear as a message? Every email that I receive also shows up as a message. Also, all calls appear as a message too. Is this normal or do I need to make changes? If so, can someone assist me in the correct set up?
    05-06-09 08:05 PM
    All types of messages will go into your messages icon. This is the way that BB are designed to work. You will aso have email icons where emails will also show up, this will allow you to read emails with cyphering though all the other messages, in the messages icon
    05-06-09 08:12 PM
    The Messages folder aggregates messages from all the BIS folders, plus Enterprise Messages if you are on BES. There's no way to turn this function off. You can hide the Messages folder, and just use your BIS folders, or you can hide the BIS folders and just use Messages. Messages are only stored once, and deleting a message from Messages deletes it from the BIS folder, and vice versa.

You can separate your text messages into a separate SMS folder if you wish. Messages / Options / General Options / SMS and Email inboxes: Theme Controlled/Separate/Combined.

To stop phone calls from being listed in your Messages folder, press the Green Phone button / Options / Call Logging / and select None.
    05-06-09 08:13 PM
    By default everything goes in the messages folder. If you want to change it here is what a few of us do.
    1: go to messages hit menu key then options then general options. Once here scroll down and change sms and email inboxes to "separate". Hit the back key and save.
    2: Hit the send key for the phone. Now hit the menu key and go to options then call logging and change it to none. Hit the back key and save. Now it shouldnt show in your messages folder.
    3: Now while on the app screen highlight the messages folder and hit the menu key and hide.
    4: If you use blackberry messenger go into it and hit menu key then options. Scroll down to where it says show conversations in message list and change it to no.
    Now it will appear that each folder will have its own notification without seeing it in the messages folder.
    05-06-09 08:16 PM
    Hey tip 2 is just what I wanted to know. I split my folders and had them on the home screen but everytime I missed a call I had to hunt for the message folder to clear the little notifier...cool
    05-06-09 08:38 PM
    Plunkingtom, before I figured that out I just hit the send key once and scrolled over the missed call then closed the phone. It went away.
    05-06-09 08:41 PM
    Thanks for the tips..
    05-07-09 08:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD