I have a slight issue, maybe someone has heard of it, or commented on it.

I goto my Media / pictures / my pictures, select a picture, click on MENU scroll to SEND AS EMAIL, and it automatically puts in and email address in the SEND USING area. how can I default it to the email account I want, not the one its shown???

Geo
    08-25-08 12:29 PM
    Anyone !!!
    08-25-08 02:54 PM
    You could work around this . Go to the email account you want to send the message from . Type who you want to email it to and type any text you want. Press menu and select add file. This will let you choose from either the device memory or the media card . Simply pick the file you wish to send

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-08 03:03 PM
    Ok I also just tried it the way you described in your opening post. The send address came up as default. I was able to click on default and I then had the option to use any of the two email accounts I have set up on my BB. I hope this helps

08-25-08 03:08 PM
    Ok I also just tried it the way you described in your opening post. The send address came up as default. I was able to click on default and I then had the option to use any of the two email accounts I have set up on my BB. I hope this helps

I would have pointed that out as well , good call.^^^ but ultimately the OP want to change the default address for every message from here on out. I would like to do this as well.

Seems like I had seen the option when I first got my BlackBerry................I'll do some digging and see if it cant be found.

**EDIT**

Options / Advanced Options / Default Services/ Messaging (CMIME)

Try that and see if it sticks.
    Last edited by GrandMasterB; 08-25-08 at 03:45 PM.
    08-25-08 03:37 PM
    for some add reason, my default, its not comming thru, I have to manually pick my email I want to send it from.
    08-25-08 03:49 PM
    I did a search and found a few threads about this and they suggest that your BlackBerry will remember the address you last sent from to a specific contact so the next time you email it will show as the default. So will have to change it before you send an email for this first time to each contact and then it should stay.

I know its not a great solution and I dont understand why the default email address does not become the default? There appear to be no solutions at this time.
    08-25-08 03:54 PM
    I knew something was wrong, I know my bb in and out, but that option stump me, I also did what u said, sending it to my default email, and it still keeps giving me the wrong email,I had to manually change it.
    08-25-08 04:00 PM
    Yeah , I having been trying since my last post as well and it is not changing....................

Some have said to delete the problematic address and reset up , dont know if your up for it or not?

I'm gonna give it a shot later.
    08-25-08 04:20 PM
    I deleted all my email account, and entered them, one at a time, and it seems that it picks what ever email in aphabetic order and that ever is on top, thats IT
    08-25-08 04:45 PM
    well that would explain why mine are listed with gmail as default ( I never use my gmail) follwed by vzw and yahoo.

gmail
    Vzw
    Yahoo

That sucks. Doesn't seem like we are getting very far with this sorry.

08-25-08 04:51 PM
    its ok, its an inconvenience, but now i know NOT to send pictures from my secret email address to other people, the HARDWAY lol
    Last edited by latingeo; 08-25-08 at 04:54 PM. Reason: error
    08-25-08 04:53 PM
    Ohhhh by the way, THANK YOU FOR YOUR GREAT SUPPORT. Keep up the great work.

Geo
    08-25-08 07:50 PM
    Thank you , it was a concern of mine as well so we were just helping eachother
    08-25-08 07:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD