I am not exactly a BB newbie but no expert IT person either! My previous BB (provided by work)was the 7250 I've had it for 2.5 years and it worked pretty well, accessed work email, used the gmail app just fine, use IM+ and accessed most websites i needed.

Now I have the verizon curve 8330 and love it. when i first got it, i was able to set up my yahoo mail to go directly to the inbox, but gmail didnt work. however the gmail app worked just fine, so no problem, i like the app. then my work IT person came to help set me on the enterprise server (basically swap out the PIN on the model phones I was using) and got my work email going to my blackberry. great! now the gmail app doesnt work at all, i log in and it logs me in then logs me out and says there is an error. i cant access mail.google.com in the browser either. also i get my yahoo mail to my inbox but when i respond to it it responds from my work email not my yahoo mail. i dont like that.

anyway, i considered trying to set the gmail up again and/or to delete the yahoo mail and now i can no longer locate the email set up app and when i go into set up wizard the only options i get are to set up work email on enterprise server or skip email set up, i no longer get the internet email option am i screwed on this issue? and its weird that the gmail app doesnt work when it worked just fine on my old model, same job, same enterprise server, etc. help!

thank you!!
    05-20-08 04:44 PM
    The new BES policy they have in place on your BB now is locking out all the things you want to do. You'll have to deal with IT to get that unlocked. Talk to them about it.
    05-20-08 04:47 PM
    Ok thanks. Its just odd that it worked a coyple of days ago on my old device on same bes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-08 05:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD