I been having email trouble all day today. at first I could not receive emails at all. I had to delete my email accounts and recreate them. I have had a few emails come through but not all of them. After a while, I contacted Sprint. They had me go through all the processes of recreating again, rebooting, pop the batt, etc. After all that they told me that there is a problem between RIM, Blackberry, and Sprint that is causing emails not to get pushed on Blackberries.

Is anyone else that has a BB Curve 8330 from sprint having trouble with receiving emails?
    08-19-08 08:00 PM
    Depending on your email provider, it may take some time for your emails to come through. As for receiving them, check to make sure that your email password is saves on BIS. If this doesn't work, you could always create a bb email and forward your sprint to it. You won't miss anything, and you could still send emails from your original sprint.

Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-08 10:52 PM
    I been having email trouble all day today. at first I could not receive emails at all. I had to delete my email accounts and recreate them. I have had a few emails come through but not all of them. After a while, I contacted Sprint. They had me go through all the processes of recreating again, rebooting, pop the batt, etc. After all that they told me that there is a problem between RIM, Blackberry, and Sprint that is causing emails not to get pushed on Blackberries.

Is anyone else that has a BB Curve 8330 from sprint having trouble with receiving emails?

so you're getting emails, they just arent pushed? if this is the case, could be that your email type isnt one that is push supported. i know gmail, and yahoo are, but some like hotmail i dont think are.
    08-19-08 11:05 PM

I thought maybe this was just me. I have been having the same problem. I stopped getting my emails yesterday morning (and always got email before). I have completed the whole delete emails and add again, battery pull, rebooted phone and nothing. Did they get you an ETA of getting this fixed?
    08-20-08 07:09 AM
    I thought maybe this was just me. I have been having the same problem. I stopped getting my emails yesterday morning (and always got email before). I have completed the whole delete emails and add again, battery pull, rebooted phone and nothing. Did they get you an ETA of getting this fixed?
    Me too, I usually awake to like 10 emails and none on my blackberry. Take in mine it's a pearl 8130 though, and I'm talking about my hotmail account. I always got them until 2 days ago. I have no idea why they are not going through to my bb. Oh and I'm on Telus...
    08-21-08 03:47 AM
    Same here. On at&t. No emails as of this morning.

08-21-08 04:36 AM
    AT&T Strikes again!!

08-21-08 04:52 AM
    I had this the other day, though I am on Orange in the UK. I went through all the steps you mention above but what actually worked was a wiping of the Bb. I am not guaran it will work but it did it for me. Back up first!

08-21-08 04:57 AM
    I actually found the issue with the 4.5.0.56 software. Ever since I installed it, I had problems receiving emails from only my coporate account. my personal email addresses were fine. Every other application worked fine. Only had trouble receiving with my coporate email. After fighting with it for 2 days, I decided to revert back to 4.3. I miss all the new functions and capabilities, but what good is it having a Blackberry if my emails were not coming through. I'll just wait until Sprint or Blackberry comes out with an Official software update release. Thanks all for all your responses.
    08-21-08 06:03 PM
    so you're getting emails, they just arent pushed? if this is the case, could be that your email type isnt one that is push supported. i know gmail, and yahoo are, but some like hotmail i dont think are.
    Since Hotmail switched to LIVE, it can now be configured to the BIS. I just did one today
    08-21-08 06:32 PM
    I have not been receiving all of my e-mail starting Monday. It is random. My mail also deletes itself after a few hours of receiving them. USCellular is my carrier and they can not figure it out
    08-21-08 08:53 PM
    Usually intermittant emails is a setting in outlook if you are using it. check to make sure that in the account settings, if you are using outlook, the leave a copy of message on the server is still checked.

as for the email disapearing, check how much memory have open in options>staus check file free. if low do a battery reset to start with.
    08-21-08 09:00 PM
    Sprint - 8330.

Worked for 3 days then stopped. Down for a week... started working again... down for another week...

And of course Voice Dialling is crap too... oh yeah its wonderful....rofl... will try the 4.3 and see if it fixes it.
    08-27-08 10:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD