on my old treo 700w, i could set the time (5-60 min) that the handheld pulled mail from the server. I cant locate a similer option for my tmobile curve.
    i am using blackberry desktop manager, with exchange server, BIS.
    I cant tell how long it takes to sync and pull down new mail and delete mail off BB no longer in my outlook,
    but it seems to be pretty slow.
    I searched the forums but didnt come up with an answer...
    Last edited by aaronrand; 03-13-08 at 05:12 PM.
    03-13-08 05:09 PM
    Your post says you are using an Exchange Server with BIS....usually if you have an Exchange Server you use BES.

Anyway, you can't set a time with BIS. The BIS server just automatically pushes out the mail at regular intervals which I believe is every 15 min. It's pretty quick, quite often I get mail on my BB before it hits desktop. However, with BES it is true PUSH email and the mail goes instantly to your BB. There is no delay when using BES.
    Last edited by jimmers; 03-13-08 at 05:20 PM.
    03-13-08 05:18 PM
    well, i am new to blackberry so i may have the wording incorrect,
    we have a microsoft exchange server, for 2007 outlook,
    but not a blackberry exchange server, nor anything on our exchange server for blackberry users.
    i am using the desktop manager set up as the internet service one.

i must have something set incorrectly then, because its been hours and my BB still shows emails that i deleted much earlier in the day from my outlook.

I have tried syncing via desktop manager via USB, as well as left it off the usb for over the internet sync, but my mail still wont go away.

I am able to send email via BB with no troubles, almost instantly recieved.

on desktop manager, reconsile messeges is grayed out, i cant select that as an option, maybe thats the issue?

(edit) i reinstalled Desktop mgr, and using redirector, still no change.. mail not going away via internet or usb.
    Last edited by aaronrand; 03-13-08 at 06:24 PM.
    03-13-08 05:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD