I borrowed my friend's blackberry curve 8300 to use as a temporary phone until I get a new one. I want to setup my email but when I go to do that it asks for a username/password. I have no clue what this is and neither does my friend. We have tried many different username/password combinations. Is there a solution to this? Or a way to just completely reset the phone so I can start from scratch? Please help...
    04-26-10 05:50 PM
    To setup email, use your friend's BIS username and password. If he has ever logged on to his carrier's BIS site, that's the username and password he used. If he has never logged in to his carrier's BIS site, you should be able to create a new username and password.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-10 06:24 PM
    I believe for vzw the username is the phone number and the password is "verizon". Not sure about other carriers. You can change it but I think that is the default.
    Last edited by Dude Chat; 04-26-10 at 06:34 PM.
    04-26-10 06:30 PM
    Thanks for the help but it seems as though no one knows the BIS, even my friend. He never used it, I believe verizon set it up. How could I reset the phone to the factory settings so I can set up everything again? Would this work?
    04-26-10 07:41 PM
    If your friend has an email account, there has to be a BIS account on the Verizon BIS website, even if it was set up from the phone without a username and password. Resetting the phone will do nothing to help you. Have your friend, as the authoirized account owner, call Verizon and have them reset the BIS password. Armed with that information, you can then set up new email accounts to your heart's content.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-10 08:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD