Hey so I have had the curve since Feburary, then it broke for the summer ( thank god i didnt need it), but I got the replacement back yesterday, and from what I remember, for email setup, there should be a selection of setting up a personal email. When I tried to setup email now, it only had "skip email setup" or "activate blackberry enterprise for work email" (something along the lines of that). can anyone help out?

also, i have a curve 8310
    10-11-08 11:10 AM
    Hi Jambamon , just to clarify is this a different phone from your original BB?

If yes log on to your Carrier's BIS site entering your username and password and choose the switch device option. You will be asked to enter the PIN and Imei for the new phone. This should then have emails going to the new phone.
    10-11-08 11:16 AM
    Yes this is a new phone...still blackberry but just different one...what if i forgot my username? i have been trying things and nothing is working
    10-11-08 11:18 AM
    Yep a quick call to your carrier should have that sorted as hminassian suggested.
    10-11-08 11:22 AM
    hey i got everything sorted out and setup the email accounts online, but when i was setting it up, it said the device was not registered....what does this mean and how do i do it?
    i tried to compose an email but it said it wasnt set up
    10-11-08 12:08 PM
    Ok you could try this

Go to Options > Advanced Options> Host Routing Table> Menu> Register Now.

What about sending your service books as well. From the BIS site there will be an option to do this.

You have the Blackberry Internet Service as part of your plan ...right ?
    Last edited by gritmaster; 10-11-08 at 12:16 PM.
    10-11-08 12:12 PM
    Last time I checked, I did. But then again, this is the replacemnt, so maybe it hasnt been set up yet? I have done the register now thing, and the sending service books thing, and I think the problem is that the service plan hasnt been reinstated....youve have helped a lot though, thanks!
    10-11-08 12:24 PM
    Give AT&T a call to make sure things are set up correctly. You'll need the BIS to have the emails pushed to your BB.
    10-11-08 12:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD