hey guys, i just purchased a blackberry 8330 curve, but the person i bought it from still has there blackberry email on the phone. everytime i go to create my own account it wont let me and it tells me to contact verizon because an email has already been created for this phone. theres got to be an easier way to set up my email and get rid of the old one that was on the phone when i got it. anybody think they could give me some help? thanks!
    09-11-09 12:13 PM
    well this is close to what I am looking for... I use the vzw.blackberry.net address they gave me when I bought the phone, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it to give me an audible alert when new mail arrives. The light blinks red, but there's no sound like a text message. Ugh, guess I'll keep looking. Good luck mconf
    09-11-09 12:37 PM
    Have the previous owner contact VZW and release the PIN. Then you will be able to set up yours on your device.
    09-11-09 12:37 PM
    Verizon needs to clear the email unless the previous user will do it. Not hard but a pain to do..

To the other poster have you checked the profile you are using for an alert. It should be on tone or tone and vib in and out of holster...
    09-11-09 02:42 PM
    All you need to do is to call VZW Tech support and ask to have the BIS reset. If you tell them that you got it from someone else they will wipe the BIS account that is set up with the PIN

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-09 05:17 PM
    I was searching to find out how I set up my bb vzw email account and I found this thread. However, I'm actually trying to figure out how set up a bb vzw email account from the beginning as a new owner on my bb vzw account. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    09-19-09 12:29 PM
    I was searching to find out how I set up my bb vzw email account and I found this thread. However, I'm actually trying to figure out how set up a bb vzw email account from the beginning as a new owner on my bb vzw account. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Open your email setup, and select "Create" to set up a new VZW email. Follow the prompts, selecting a user name and password for the account. Continue until finished and you are done.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-09 12:38 PM
    also go to the bis site and ya can swap release the pin that way. when i bought my storm it was used and the pin was never released all i did was create an account and a device change and i was golden! heres the link https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw
    09-19-09 01:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD