hello everyone,

i am a newbie and this is my first bb. i have a curve 8320. I know that everyone on here is very helpful, so my question is:

when i try to setup an email account for personal use, i only have two options.

1. I want to use a work email account with a blackberry eterprise server.

2.I want to skip email setup.

Can anyone help please! any comments are greatly appreciated.

thanks
    11-15-07 02:07 PM
    Sure can cindylov, Rather then doing it from your device visit here feel in all the requested info needed to create and acount and your well on your way,need more help, post back here I'll walk ya thru it
    11-15-07 02:10 PM
    okay i tried going to the link...for some reason im not able to view the web page correctly. is there any way i can do it from the phone?

thanks for your help
    Last edited by cindylov4; 11-19-07 at 03:46 PM.
    11-15-07 02:23 PM
    do you have an icon on your phone that says "email settings"
    11-15-07 02:54 PM
    i dont think i do...just the set up wizard which is were i see those two options.
    11-15-07 03:06 PM
    I had the same problem when I first got my curve about a week ago. My situation could be completely different plus I am on AT&T. I bought my phone online through Amazon. When I first got the phone I just plugged in my existing SIM card and the phone was working. However messaging (including mail) was not working.

I had the same two email options in the set up wizard and it wasn't until I contacted AT&T to activate the phone and switched to a bb data plan that the set up "personal email" option appeared in the wizard. If I recall correctly, this was even prior to setting up the mail accounts via BIS online.
    Last edited by coolbreeze; 11-17-07 at 03:35 PM.
    11-17-07 03:26 PM
    thanks everyone, i got it working. I needed to purchase a data plan before the icon would show up and even before i had that option.
    11-19-07 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD