I am on a BES. I am having a strange issue with Email Reconciliation. Changes I make in Outlook (such as opening an item in the Inbox or deleting it -not Shift-Deleting) do not reconcile on the Blackberry. However, it does work the other way. In other words, items deleted on the BB or opened on the BB, get deleted in Outlook or show up as opened in Outlook. Also, all Contacts and Calendar items synch normally. I have checked all the folder redirection settings and everything is set correctly. Wireless email reconciliation is on. I have already tried a new Enterprise Activation.
    Anyone have any ideas.

Knocka
    12-09-07 06:33 AM
    Try turning off Cached Exchange mode in your Outlook -> Options -> Mail Setup -> E-mail Accounts -> View or change existing e-mail accounts -> [Select the account] -> Change

murkish
    12-11-07 10:08 AM
    Same issue. Cached Exchange Mode in Outlook already turned off. Only way deleted items deleted from Outlook get "synched" is by using the Reconcile Now feature on the BB. Otherwise doesn't appear to work.
    12-14-07 11:48 AM
    Hmm, I have a coworker with the same problem. He is going to open a T-Support case to work on it. Let me know if you figure anything out and I will do the same.
    12-14-07 12:24 PM
    Hmm, I have a coworker with the same problem. He is going to open a T-Support case to work on it. Let me know if you figure anything out and I will do the same.

Anyone ever find an answer to this?
    01-23-08 12:47 PM
    The answer is on the device. Go to messages | options | general options | and change the "Hide filed email" setting to "Yes" and save the change. This should take care of email moved to folders still showing up on your BB device.

Wizard Admin
    05-21-08 11:45 AM
    Thank you. That solved my problem, too.
    05-23-08 01:00 AM
    Not working for me. Mine is already sent that way and I am still not getting mirrored in boxes. Manual reconcile doesnt do it eaither.
    06-12-08 06:21 AM
    Seems similar to the issue I have. If I delete the items on BB, they are deleted in Exchange. If I delete them in Exchange they are deleted on BB. But if I move the email from the Exchange Inbox to a PST file, they are not removed from the BB Inbox (presumably because they haven't been deleted, but removed). Conclusion BB doesn't sync the Inboxes (as ActiveSync does) but deducts the deletes from the Inbox, hence if an item isn't deleted (but is moved) it remains in the BB Inbox. Weird way to synchronize - I guess it is semi-automatic, not fully automatic!
    06-17-08 04:04 PM
    If I delete (NOT shift-delete), the file disappears on the BB. If I shift-delete it does not.
    08-04-08 10:16 PM
    I'm a newbie, so probably doing something dumb - my email won't reconcile in either direction BB to Outlook or Outlook to BB. What have I failed to do?
    08-05-08 02:05 PM
    I have even asked my BES admin to check the settings and he said there is no problem on their end. I have tried every setting in Outlook & BB. Simply put, anything read, deleted, moved, whatever in Outlook, has no effect on that item in my BB. Every email is a two or three step process. At about 50 a day, this is getting old. Thsi is the best handheld / phone I have ever had, but this stinks.
    08-11-08 01:48 PM
    This is why I love this site. I was just about to post a question asking what Email Reconciliation was, then I saw this post and it answered my question before I even asked it!! this site rocks........
    08-11-08 02:26 PM
    Same problem here. I've read everywhere on these forums and still haven't gotten a straight answers. Performed all suggestions but couldn't get BB and Outlook to mirror each other. Anyone got it to work?
    12-03-08 09:22 AM
    I am having the same issue.

What I want is:

1. When I delete on my handheld I don't want it to affect my Outlook
    2. When I delete or file on my Outlook I want it to be off my handheld.

Any suggestions
    01-27-12 02:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD