Question please, BB Gurus...

I'm going to be away for a week with limited or no access to email on my laptop, so I want my BB to be boss.

Basically, when I delete an email from BB I don't want to see it again when I finally log into my email account. So in the reconciliation menu what do I select:

Delete On: Handheld, Mailbox & Handheld, Prompt

On Conflicts: Handheld or mailbox wins

Now, I know the answer seems pretty obvious but I managed to lose all the emails on BB yesterday when I wiped them off the server, so I'm just being cautious....

I'm concerned that if I select Mailbox wins, then older emails on the server will be deleted because they're not on BB...

Thanks for your help.
    06-29-08 11:31 AM
    So if you l wiped them off of the server you must be on BES, correct.

I am on BIS, I have mine set to: Delete On: Prompt, that way I can either delete them from just the device if they are something I want to look at later, or the device & mailbox, if I don't want to see them again. I have the On Conflicts: set to mailbox wins

If you have it delete it just from the device, you will have to deal with them when you open your email program when you return. If you have it delete from the device & mailbox, it will delete them from both. In my case, it puts them in the deleted folder of Outlook.
    06-29-08 12:37 PM
    Mailbox & Handheld and Handheld wins. In this configuration on a BES you should see:

- Emails deleted on the Handheld are in the Delted Items folder on your return.
    - Emails deleted on the Exchange/Outlook will look 'read' on the BlackBerry and you won't be able to 'more' anything.
    06-29-08 01:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD