I had this BB for a couple of months now. I've had issues of emails not getting sent or not being received through my BB so I've had to resend service books a few times already.

However, now I have a new problem of emails getting *resent* to me... it's very strange. Only some emails (not even all of them, but a good number of them) get resent to me 2-5 times, times ranging from within a couple of minutes of each other or a few hours. It all seems very random to me. And most certainly annoying

But also, recently, all emails have been sent to my BB much later than my gmail in general. When I'm on my computer, I receive emails, and only 10+ minutes later, my BB receives it.

What's going on?!
    Last edited by lleellee; 02-03-09 at 11:18 PM.
    02-03-09 10:37 PM
    I am having the same issue. Getting 3-5 copies of some emails and just one of others. they come about 1-2 min apart. have not changed any settings today.
    02-04-09 05:22 PM
    The problem with Gmail is a known problem and has had many threads on it. The solution to receiving copies of sent mail is here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/gmai...lackberry-853/
    02-04-09 05:26 PM
    if you reply to an e-mail while in GMail like through Firefox, IE whatever it will send a copy of your reply to your BB also. Also in Outlook if you move an item from the Inbox to another folder it may create a dup.
    02-04-09 05:38 PM
    Sorry - I must have mis-worded something.

I have no issues with my "sent" emails appearing in my inbox. However, for instance, my friend would send me an email at 11am. What happens then is, first of all, I wouldn't receive it on my BB until like 11:45am (hence the "delay"), but moreover, I would get that exact email again at 11:48am, 12:03pm, and then possibly again at like 8:23pm.

So... although really my friend just sent me 1 email, BB would say that I have like 3 new emails. At one point, all of a sudden, BB started blinking and told me I had 8 new emails. But when I went to my BB inbox, all were emails I had already received (multiple times!) that morning.

And so far as I can tell, this was totally independent of who sent it, where they sent it, etc.

------------
    But.... I restarted my BB, and the repeat-mail problem was gone, but the delay was still there AND now I couldn't send emails anymore (in an area where I obviously had connection and could receive emails just fine). Moreover, I couldn't use web-browsers... It kept on telling me for some time that I had connection issues and whatnot... but in an area where I had excellent connection previously.

------------
    Now, today, I did a battery pull and everything seems to be working fine. The web-browser is working again; and I'm receiving and sending emails all nicely.

But... is this a common problem? My BB is only a couple of months old and I've already had to do a number of battery pulls for similar email issues
    02-06-09 02:46 PM
    Might not need to do all those battery pulls for email, and browser issues.

Resending service books will reset email issues (Email Settings > Service Books > Resend Service Books), and I believe Registering your Host Routing Table (HRT) will reset your browser (Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table, Press Enter, Press Menu key, select Register Now.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong about whether the registering the HRT will reset the Browser or not, but I'm sure about resending service books resetting your email.
    02-06-09 02:59 PM
    Oh, so before the battery pull, I did resend a service book. I received the whole "Congratulations" message and whatnot, but! That didn't solve the issue of my BB not sending out any emails.

I didn't know about the HRT method for browsers, but if I have another issue with this, I'll give that a shot.

Argh, this is just frustrating that my BB has email issues so frequently.
    02-06-09 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD