Hi,

I am new to this whole BB world.

I have my personal email set up on an Microsoft exchange service.
    I have verizon as my cell service.
    I use outlook 2007 on my home pc.

I originaly install the desktop manager nad desktop redirector on my pc and all seemed fine.. my inbox showed up and i could delete a email and it would delete on both.

Then something messed up and now all I have are new emials coming to my bb and my outlook but neither sync up anymore.

Is there a way to get the service to reset and resync?

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    JP
    10-29-08 06:49 PM
    Try deleting desktop manager and reinstall.
    10-29-08 07:00 PM
    Yeah, I agree. Delete and reinstall DM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-08 07:08 PM
    I uninstalled.. deleted all directories,,, deleted all references to RIM in the registry. rebooted and reinstalled..

Redirector started...just like it was never deleted.. it somehow knew all the stats etc..

Any other suggestions?
    10-29-08 09:39 PM
    Turn off Redirector in DM. If your email address is a public service (like Cox, Comcast, GMail, etc.) then you'll be able to use the Blackberry Internet Service for getting your email on your device. Just go to the Personal Email Set Up icon on the device, then select the Create New Account link. Once you create the account you'll then be able to add the email address and email password for your personal email account. You can also create a Blackberry email address on the device.
    10-29-08 09:45 PM
    Just curious as to why you'd have your personal email setup on an Exchange Server? Do you have a home business or something? Also remember that whatever pc that's running the DTR has to remain on at all times otherwise the email rediretion will stop and you wont get emails sent to your BB.
    11-01-08 01:52 AM
    I'm no super expert (yet), but maybe you have a corrupt MAPI profile that's causing the synch issues between the 2.... have you talked to any tech support yet?
    11-01-08 02:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD