Since last fews days,
    I noticed this problem on my curve:

Yahoo emails.
    When we receive emails, we get them in 2 folders:
    - ( general) Messages folder
    and
    - Email folder that we set up ( Yahoo in this case)

Usually after reading the email on any folder (Messages or Email folder), it will automatically changed the email status in the other folder from "highlighted/unread" to "read".

Also now my Yahoo email does not do the 2-way sync like they used to be.
    Now my Yahoo emails is functioning like my personal Gmail acct ( no 2-way sync for read/unread)

Anyone can help me with this?
    12-01-07 12:11 PM
    Did you change your Email Reconciliation settings?
    12-01-07 12:18 PM
    Did you change your Email Reconciliation settings?
    not that I know of,
    Come to think of if I don't even know how to do that.

Could you show me how or give me a link where I could check if I probably did it accidentally?

Thanks
    12-01-07 01:34 PM
    Go to your Message Inbox, [Options], [Email Reconciliation], under Message Services, you select the email address you want to check settings and under 'On Conflicts', choose your option: Handheld Wins or Mailbox Wins.
    12-01-07 01:40 PM
    Go to your Message Inbox, [Options], [Email Reconciliation], under Message Services, you select the email address you want to check settings and under 'On Conflicts', choose your option: Handheld Wins or Mailbox Wins.
    Catt,
    so which one is better? the Handheld or the Mailbox?
    currrent setting :
    Wireless Reconcile: On
    On Conflict: Mailbox Wins

I just checked again,
    the same email that I mentioned before , I opened it on my pc, but on my curve it is still shown as unread

Help!
    12-01-07 01:52 PM
    Okay, let me understand this...

You want your Yahoo email on your PC to be marked as "read" if you open and read your email on your BB device? If so, just make sure you have your Wireless Reconcile = On. That pretty much it.

The "On Conflicts" applies to deleting your emails from handheld and mailbox. If you have set it to "mailbox & Handheld", once you deleted an email, it will be deleted in both places. I suggest, just set it to "handheld" so in cases where you accidentally deleted your email from your BB, you still have a copy on your computer.
    12-01-07 02:08 PM
    And one thing, you can do [Reconcile Now]. This will update your emails that's still in the yahoo server.
    12-01-07 02:10 PM
    Okay, let me understand this...

You want your Yahoo email on your PC to be marked as "read" if you open and read your email on your BB device? If so, just make sure you have your Wireless Reconcile = On. That pretty much it.

I want the email in Yahoo folder on the BB and PC to marked as read when I read the email on the Message Folder.

It was working perfectly ever since I got the curve (11/05) until a few days ago ( when I noticed, how come on my Yahoo folder on the curve has a lot of unread mail, since I usually read them in the Message folders)

Notice how you have star on your folder when you got a new mail?
    example: when you got new email on your yahoo account, you will have 2 star signs ( 1 on the yahoo folder, 1 on the Message folder) correct?

Usually after you read the email (whether in the Message or Yahoo folder) the stars on both folders will disappear.

Now, I read the email on Message folder, but the
    same email on Yahoo folder is still "unread"

I tried the battery restart, and still gave me the same result

2.where can I find this Reconcile Now option?

again, thanks for your help
    12-01-07 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD