I've got a Curve 8330 with a Sprint unlimited plan which includes BIS.
    I love everything about this phone, but for one thing. I can not get the email to be IMAP like. If I read it and delete it on my desktop or phone I want it gone in both places. Touching anything twice is a waste of time.
    I use Google Apps for email, and have followed the awesome instructions on setting up Google IMAP, and I'm pretty sure I have that set up right. (POP is off, the server set to imap.gmail.com, etc)
    Can I do what I want? If so what do I need to change, or add to make it happen? This one waste of time is annoying enough to make me want to dump the phone.
    01-02-09 08:34 PM
    This is what I had to do to make this work for me, not sure if it's going to work for you as well:

BB menu > Manage Internet Email > Email Accounts > Under Gmail choose Edit > towards the bottom of the screen you'll see: Deleted items: Synchronize deleted items between this mailbox and my device. *Choose Yes* > then Save

At least that is what I did to mine so that when I delete an email from my device it deletes from my actual Gmail (vice versa). So far it's working pretty well for me.
    01-02-09 09:00 PM
    mcspiffy6 thanks for writing back. Where are you referring to here: BB menu > Manage Internet Email > Email Accounts > Under Gmail choose Edit > towards the bottom of the screen you'll see: Deleted items: Synchronize deleted items between this mailbox and my device. *Choose Yes* > then Save. I can't replicate that sequence in either the device or Sprints BIS site.
    I do have the "Synchronize deleted items between this mailbox and my device." checked on the BIS site and I think that is where you were pointing to.
    01-03-09 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD