Another newbie question.
    Is there a way on the home page to separate in the message box from phone messages and email messages? It drives me nuts that I have to search through my email to find who called.

Thanks!
    08-07-08 11:09 AM
    Yep - press the call button, menu button, options, call logging, none. Done!
    08-07-08 11:17 AM
    There is a call-log that's separate from the Messages Folder. It sounds like you have the Phone option set to log "All Calls" in your messages folder as well as in the Call Log. You can set that to "None" or "Missed Calls." You can always find who called in the Call Log, located at Messages/View Folder/Phone Call Logs.
    08-07-08 11:20 AM
    But will that do this?
    On my home page, the first thing is Messages, I want only phone messages in there. Then the second is email, I want my email to go there. I didn't know by changing this will take my phone messages out of that home screen box?

Thanks!
    08-07-08 11:29 AM
    I'm not sure I understand your question. If you change the option as was posted above, phone calls will no longer be listed in the Messages Folder. Email will still go to the Messages Folder, and to the BIS inbox associated with it.

Does this help, or am I misunderstanding?
    08-07-08 11:33 AM
    No I want only phone calls to go to a folder and no email. Is that possible with that first folder?

Heidi
    08-07-08 12:07 PM
    You can rearrange the order of the icons on your home screen, depending on your theme. In BBDimension Zen, (the theme I use) there is a Call Log Icon and a Messages Folder Icon.

Select the Call Log Icon, press Menu, and select Move. Roll the trackball to where you want it, and press the trackball again. You've now moved the icon, and the other icons will rearrange. Only phone calls go to that icon, no messages, so that may accomplish what you want.

If you're using a different theme, your options may vary.
    08-07-08 12:13 PM
    No, I don't thinks so, but is see what you're saying. You need to move your folders around so that your call log is the first thing you see not your messages.
    08-07-08 12:19 PM
    I've been having a similar issue and haven't been able to find much input on it. By default, my email and SMS messages are combined in the same box. If I separate them, when I click the Message icon, it takes me to emails first by default, and then I have to select "SMS Inbox" in the menu. Is there a way to make SMS the default inbox so I don't have to select it each time?
    08-07-08 12:24 PM
    OK I got it now. See I thought I read somewhere that you couldn't change the buttons on the home page. Now I have it changed and now the call log, email and sms all have separate folders! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
    08-07-08 12:44 PM
    Great. Glad you got it set up the way you want it. And, Welcome to the forums! For more good, general information, be sure to check out the Getting Started Guide and the BlackBerry 101 Lecture Series under the Newbies tab at the top of the page.
    08-07-08 12:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD